And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Is it my turn?

My precious hubby and Mom have been updating all of you through this journey. Tonight is the first time that I've been able to sit up and that I've not had a consistent, throbbing headache. So, blogger is once again in front of me.

Today started with the super intense headache. I don't recommend it and hope to never have another like it. The meds they have to treat the headache weren't really touching it, though.

This is my surgeon, removing all of the wrap, exposing the official bald girl:


It was exciting to have everything removed. I even put make up on and was ready to eat lunch. Then, the headache came back full speed ahead. Then, all of the nausea I have experienced since I've been here, made itself known in a new way. I'll let you uncover the meaning of that...So, all of the make-up was wiped off my face and the energy drained from my face quite quickly...forgive the frightening faces in the pictures that follow.

The day is ending on a bit lighter note, though.

We had some fun visitors.

M, she's one of the Neurosurgery PAs and one of our dear friends


Dr. S. & her doc friend from Germany


Remember C? She was here the last time we were, too. Here's the original post with her. She had a VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulator) placed today.


My sweet nurse, R.


My sweet hubby.


Praise the Lord it has been quite a few days since I've had a full blown seizure. There is no "real" explanation for this. We are trying to come up with as many as we can, (i.e., I.V. vs. oral meds). However, I don't want to get lost in trying to find answers and missing my hero standing in front of me...GOD!!!

We will probably leave tomorrow to head home.

Thank you all so much for being such outstanding prayer warriors for us throughout these last few years, but especially these last few weeks. They have been tough. However, you have each played a role in touching lives, seeing healing, and watching God be the hero! Thank you!!

To be cheesy, yet true:
We don't know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds the future!!

We will try to post more pics and info over the next few days. Let us know if you are against seeing graphic pictures because B got some good ones!!

p.s. Big News!!! Remember our friends, A & L that brought dinner to save me from the food here, the last time I was in the hospital? They were also here for Buzzfest 2008 as Ben calls it and each cut a ponytail for some sweet little kiddo that is going to get wig! They weren't due for another two weeks, but shaving a head can cause anyone's blood pressure to rise and L's did that evening! ; ) My nurse that night told her to call her doc and get to the hospital. Well, we have pics as Miss Matheson was born the next afternoon!
Isn't she beautiful?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and going home very soon! I am not sure if I can handle the graphic pictures of your head, but all the well very interesting! Does this mean that you are now going to set off metal detectors at the airport? Cool?! You can explain that you are like the bionic woman and they remade you even better! Hope you get home safe and sound.
    Love,
    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith and Ben,

    So very grateful for each of you that post updates...but my smile was huge "hearing" Meredith's words this morning!

    We are continuing to pray for you and ever so encouraged by the faith that God shines through in you each!

    Joy,
    Kelli and Robert Boyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith and Ben,

    I found this poem and wanted to share it with you.

    God's Rainbow

    The falling rain dissolves into mist
    And the thunder begins to die;
    As the sporadic lightning fades,
    An arch of colors pours from the sky.

    Rainbows appear after mighty storms
    When things look their worst;
    Just when the skies are darkest gray,
    Out of heaven does the rainbow burst.

    God first sent the rainbow to Noah
    As a sign that His word is true;
    The rainbow's eternal message
    Still speaks to me and you.

    The rainbow is a sign of God's promise
    That He will guide us through any storm;

    When you are filled with doubt and dismay, Just remember God's rainbow is coming
    For it's blessing ... you only have to pray.

    ~ Author Unknown ~

    We hope and pray for you everyday.

    Love,
    Danny, Jenny, Samantha and Sarah

    ReplyDelete