And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seizures and More Seizures

Well we have been praying for "good" definitive seizures and we have at least been getting quantity. Aside from the Morphine cocktail they give M every hour or so to control the outrageous pain, they have discontinued her seizure medications in an effort to create more seizure activity and thus, learn the origin of the seizures.
This is one of M's sweet nurses, M. She's the one that brought the first cocktail for M and allowed her to rest for a little bit.

What we know so far is that both temporal lobes are experiencing activity by the end of the seizure and as of this moment the are still uncertain as to where they originate. Therefore, we will continue to pray for quality seizures that reveal all the Doctors need to know to progress and end this nightmare for my baby. Each seizure is the equivalent of M running a marathon as far as the energy she expends, so try running six marathons so far this morning with electrodes coming out of your brain. Sorry to be so graphic, it just overwhelms me to know what she is having to tolerate each day.

The good news is that we know without a doubt that God will be the hero in this story. We hope that soon, relief and answers will replace the pain and uncertainty. Isn't it amazing that each of us get to play a small role in God's story...and what better part can we have than being one of his mighty prayer warriors.

We are attaching a photo of our princess "Smurf" with all of the equipment in place just to show you her beautiful spirit is still shining through.

Thank you for being so faithful.
My Love,
D (M's Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. Ben and Meredith,
    Our family is keeping you in our prayers. Sorry I haven't written sooner. The hard drive on my computer crashed. George brought his laptop home last night so I was able to check on the progress of everything. Dylan and I stopped by the house yesterday to water plants and change your lighting a little:) After the gym today I drove by the house and George was cutting your grass. Stay strong and know that we are praying for you guys.
    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you from Portland! We are friends of Carrie Tackett and we will be keeping you in our prayers-specifically for the seizures that show the origin of the problem!

    the edmistons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith, I have been checking up on you on your blog and am grieved to read about all you're going through. I agree with your Mom, though, that we know God will be the hero in this story. I'm praying for you - for healing and answers. Much love, Michelle Williams Webb

    ReplyDelete