And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, November 3, 2008

Once we came home from the precious time of prayer at church yesterday, B had made a feast. It was quite impressive. While we were getting ready for church, he "threw together" an ole grandmother Fox recipe and had it ready and waiting for us when we got home. It was such a blessing since we had so much to do to get ready to leave. We ate the yummy lunch he made and got to packin'.

Then, we got the official news from the neurosurgeon. Bald is the new blonde!!! Yep, he does need to shave my head for the surgery. So, we put a few calls in...the most important being to my sweet little H!! We had already spoken with her parents earlier in the week asking that she get to cut the first ponytail if I did have to cut my hair. We didn't want a five year old to think it was okay to just cut hair and so wanted to make sure her parents were comfortable with the process. They did an awesome job of prepping her for it. She got to see pics of little ones with and without their wigs. She is even going to grow her hair out so that she can donate her hair someday. When she was at the house last night, she quietly turned to me and said, "I'm going to do this for a little kid someday, too, but I have to let my hair grow ten inches." What a precious doll!!! First, her heart to love on others. May these silly seizures and my bald head make God the HERO and then provide another little girl with a wig when H's hair is long enough to donate. Second, how sweet that she recognized the obedience factor, as well. This isn't about just cutting hair. She truly listened to her Mommy and wants to let her hair grow out so that she can do this.

I hope to post pics of Round 1 of the haircutting party later today.

We've decided to do Children with Hairloss. You should go their site and look at the pics from their Charity Ball. It is so special to see all of the kiddos with their wigs looking like little princesses. The hardest part for me was looking at the people in the pictures with long hair and thinking "how rude." Hint, hint: keep looking at all the pics and you can see they're not and I was proven to be quite wrong...I think the pics start to get good around pg. 8. It starts to get good again around pg. 13 and my favorites are on pg. 14. Don't get me wrong...the entire slide show is awe inspiring...it's just fun to see adults sacrificing for these kiddos and I think you can see why the sacrifice is worth it on pg. 14!!

No comments:

Post a Comment