And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, November 7, 2008

Update

Good Morning all. Well we are still in the EMU. Since last night M has had two seizures. We hope that we will have more today and they can accurately pin point its location in the brain. M has been in a lot of pain, as you can probably only imagine, but our sweet night nurse M came to the rescue last night and made a cocktail of meds that got M back on track. This morning we are keeping her on a regular schedule of pain meds and have just finished hearing from the neurosurgeon and epileptologist.

Report: M is doing well and will most likely have the leads in her head till Tuesday. Which means we might get to leave Wednesday or Thursday. Things are looking good despite the swelling and some leaking from her head. The surgeon replaced some of the stitches this morning. Her two seizures (so far) have been recorded and have yet to be analyzed. Hopefully, we'll see some "fruitful" results soon.

Thanks for your many prayers. Y'all have been so sweet and kind and M is finally back on her computer catching up on what has occurred over the last couple of days. Feel free to email to her and love on her. If you don't have her email, feel free to post a comment on the blog.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Meredith!
    Just wanted to let you know that you and Ben are in our prayers. You're bald heads are beautiful! Your mom and her strength and love for both of you is in our prayers too.

    Love you guys,
    Debra & Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith,

    I have been "annonymously" reading your blog everyday this past week and I'm just now figuring out how to send you a message. This past week you have never left my thoughts. I'm praying for you, your mom, and your husband every day. Scarlett had told me about your seizures, and your amazing faith. I have to tell you that reading this blog and seeing for myself the faith, courage, and joy with which you have faced suffering has left me in awe. My faith has been encouraged by you. I pray that I might be able to honor HIM the way that you have when I face struggles of my own.

    With much love and many prayers,
    Danielle "Elliston" May

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merideth,

    My name is Savannah and I'm friends with Carrie Tackett. She has been updating me all about you for about a year now! Your in our prayers and thoughts! You have great strengh! I too have epeilpsy and my Doctor is Dr. K! I have also seen Dr. Tandon! They both are some of the most amazing people I have ever met! You both look sooo cute bald heads and all!I pray that God continues to give you the stregth and love you need! Please let me know if I can bring you anything or if you just want a fresh face to chat with! Let me know!!! My email is : smanhold@aol.com

    Take Care!
    Your in our prayers!
    Savannah Manhold

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meredith!! Just wanted to let you know that Ryan and I along with hundreds of others I'm sure are praying for you. You are so brave and it your faith is so evident. We will keep believing in Him!
    Take care and love you guys,
    Robin and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. We met you and Meredith at the Rockwall Republican Gala - we are friends of Alma's ....we are praying for her recovery - much love and and hope for the answers you all desire -

    With love and IN HIM,

    Diana and Jim White

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Meredith -

    We just wanted you to know we are thinking of you and praying for you, as we do this often! Ben, thank you for all your updates. We will be sure to update our small group and ABF class as they have been praying for you too. Take care and we wish you a very quick recovery and pray this surgery will provide your doctors with lots of answers!

    Love,
    Matt, Jessica, and Avery Widmer

    ReplyDelete