And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prayers

This morning had a special start. We got to church and within a few minutes of walking in the door my sweet, little friend, H, came running at me for a long overdue hug. I usually get a hug every Sunday and Wednesday. However, we've had a couple of weeks that we've not seen each other. So, the hugs today were long overdue.

Then, as the service was ending, the pastor called B and I to the front. He gave everyone a quick update on where things stood as far as our decisions. He asked the husbands to imagine they were B and what it would be like to go through this for three years with your wife and then imagine your wife was going to have brain surgery. Then, imagine if you were me and had been going through this for three years with no real answers.

He then asked K to lead everyone in prayer for us and for those that knew us to feel free to come up and wrap around us, lay their hands on us, etc. It was so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment