And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Update...

What's happened over the last few days?

First, I had a visit from one of my sweet friends. M, was my Maid of Honor. We don't get to see each other nearly as often as I would like...so, it was a special treat to have her visit.


I wasn't supposed to be in public until the staples were removed and the doc gave the go ahead (infection risk)...however, one of B's groomsmen, that has been in Ecuador with the Peace Corps for the last two years, was in town Wednesday evening. So, I broke the rules. We had dinner with him, his family, and another one of B's groomsmen (that just donated a kidney to an 11 year old). Such a stud!!


We left the next morning for Houston to have the staples removed. You can see the pics below with the neurosurgeon and the excessive amounts of betadine all over my head.
It didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. All 38 staples were out within about 10 minutes. The "staple pull" was like a little pair of scissors that bent the staple in the middle and popped it right out of my head.

We left the docs office and went to watch my sweet friend A's little girl at gymnastics. Her little girl has come to see me each time I've been in the hospital and has been one of my greatest prayer warriors. However, there was such a high infection risk this time and they all had the little 24 hr bug going through their family. Then, after the surgery the super intense headache kept me from being able to really see or talk to anyone for quite a few days. So, she wasn't able to come visit. So, we got to go watch her at gymnastics!! It was so fun! Isn't that a precious smile?





This is all of us. A and her three kiddos!!

Remember sweet Baby M that we told you was born while I was in surgery? We got to meet her Thursday night?

Here she is with her Daddy.

Here she is with her Daddy and her super skinny (so not fair, only two weeks after birth) Mommy!!

Then, on the way home Friday, we stopped at Sam's again. Sweet Cindy is doing well. She came through her surgery and is feeling great. Thank you for praying for Cindy. She was so sweet when we walked in as were the rest of the ladies there. The other lady in the picture walked up and said that they had just been talking about us the day before, wondering how we were doing. So sweet. Such precious prayer warriors.


We finally made it home late Friday night and got to snuggle with our puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment