And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, November 24, 2008

Faith and Prayer Warriors!

Here we are again, back to the Faith discussion and needing our prayer warriors.

I woke up this morning with a rash on my right arm. Many meds can cause an allergic reaction that presents as a rash, some can be quite dangerous (this is the problem with being in pharma sales, you know this silly stuff). So, I sent an e-mail to my doc. He said he wasn't worried, but to let him know if it spread.

It spread to my left arm. So, I e-mailed him again. One of our old neighbors and sweet friends is a doc and agreed to look at it so that I could tell the epileptologists exactly what we were seeing. I tried to blame it on a sweater that I wore yesterday. She looked at it and agreed that it's probably more the medicine than the sweater.

The epileptologist called this afternoon and agreed that it is probably an allergic reaction to the meds. So, he wants me to stop the current med and switch to one I've already been on because it's too risky to play with if it is the medicine. Why does this matter? What does this have to do with faith?

The med that I am stopping is in the same family as a med I was on prior to the surgery, but I started this med the day after surgery (the first day with no seizures). The docs didn't really count this as a change in meds and neither did we. However, there was that little bitty something in the back of my head (doubt, not staples) wondering if this med could be playing a role in only one seizure since November 10th. Then, we go the faith route...this is God, not man. God is the hero in this story, not man.

It all goes back to those few words mentioned the other day:
Faith.
Trust.
Acknowledgement.
Praise.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

B reminded me this evening that we keep looking at this situation and marveling that the only explanation for no seizures is the Lord. Yet, there is the little inkling that maybe this med is playing a role. Maybe this rash is the Lord saying, "let me show you that I am the Hero of this story!" It brings me to tears to think about it. Wow! Why would he choose me to show His power?

My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. 1 Corinthians 2: 4-5

So, I am begging each of you to pray for God's glory to continue to be made known in this. That He will continue to be the Hero of this story. That we will continue to look at this "situation" that does not make any sense and see HIM!! That I will not waiver in my faith, but trust HIM. However, no matter what, He is still faithful!

What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all!...Romans 3:3-4

I must continue remembering that though He might be asleep on the cushion, He has shown me that He is in complete control.
...A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?" They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!" Mark 4:37-41

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. Luke 17:5-6

Each time I read the scripture below, I obviously think of the last three years. However, when I think of the crowd surrounding Jesus, I can't help but think of all of you, my precious prayer warriors, standing in the gap for us, sitting at His feet for us. Yes, He knows when I am trying to touch the hem of His robe, but He also feels each of you surrounding Him on my behalf. Thank You!!

And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.
She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"
"You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' "
But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
Mark 5: 25-34

No comments:

Post a Comment