And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update to Surgery


She's out! At 2:30 this afternoon Dr. T came out to update us as M is now in recovery in the ICU. According to Dr. T, everything went well and he was able to place the strips really all around the brain through a series of "penny-sized" holes. The strips are similar to EEG leads as they can record the electrical activity of the brain. However, they are different in that they are actually laying on the brain.

The adjacent pictures is an example of what M's xray images look like showing the Strips on her brain.


For now she is resting in the ICU and will be there till tomorrow. Our prayer now is that she will have seizures and the strips will be able to pinpoint and locate the start of the seizure. The docs will then use the collected information and hopefully be able to remove/re sect the portion of brain that contains the seizure. The strips will be left in for no longer than a week, but more than likely taken out after a few days due to the frequency of M's seizures. The surgeon will most likely send us home next week and then most likely (if surgery is an option) will have us come back in January. The purpose in delaying the process is to reduce the risk of infection and make sure M is 100% able to undergo such a risky surgery.

Thanks for your prayers! M's mom and I are looking forward to seeing M soon!

3 comments:

  1. We are praying!! You don't know us, but we are friends and neighbors to the Tacketts...and family in Christ. We heard about today through an email lifting Meredith up. I am so glad we serve an AWESOME, All Powerful Daddy God!! You are in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news! I sent M a care package that should get there tommorow, and I WISH she was at home to recieve it, instead of a week from now. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My internet was out for a little while and I was wondering how things went. So glad to hear everything went well. We have been praying for her and thinking about her all day. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete