And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, November 3, 2008

Last Supper

First, God is having fun hearing all of you talking to HIM. He heard you and answered you. The insurance queen called us at the end of the day and said that we had approval for the Wada test. We check in around 7am tomorrow.


Second, I’m not allowed to eat after midnight tonight.
So, on our way down here we stopped at the world famous Sam’s Restaurant in Fairfield, TX, for my last meal. This is the pic they took of us when we first got there.


Our waitress was so very sweet. We overheard her talking to another table that she was having surgery on Wednesday. When she came back to the table, B asked her what surgery she was having…her doctor is correcting a mistake that he made in a surgery he did in 2002. She doesn’t have insurance anymore and so the doctor is going to cover most of it since it is his mainly his error. However, it is still risky and she is having to pay for some of it. B told her we would be praying for her and that I would be having brain surgery on Wednesday. She said she would be praying for me, too. Before we left, we got a picture with her so that you could see her and know who you were praying for…this is Cindy. Please be in prayer for her on Wednesday, as well.

Then, as we were leaving, B went to pay and I stopped at the little girl’s room. When I walked out, he had a bag in his hand. I asked what it was and he said, “these sweet ladies over here just…” At that moment, Cindy wrapped her arms around me, started crying, handed me this “Footprints” poem and said, “Y’all have really touched my heart tonight.”

Through tears I tried to tell her how special “Footprints” is to me. I couldn’t get the words out and so B told her. Granny’s Bible cover was the “Footprints” poem. It is now the cover on my Bible. It is such a special reminder to me each day of Granny and her love of our Savior!


Apparently, while this was going on, the ladies behind the counter were all telling B not to let me open the package they had given him. When we got to the car, he told me that one of the waitresses had given it to him and she told him to, "give it to your wife, but don't let her open it until she gets in the car." This is the gift they blessed me with….

So, a quick stop at Sam’s for dinner turned into a precious blessing with tears of joy flowing and the Lord continuing to confirm that He is in control and reinforcing the peace He has given me in this decision. By the way, if you are ever traveling up or down I-45, be sure to stop in Sam's and try their wonderful home cooked buffet. B and his father used to stop there on trips from the Big "D" and so it has somewhat become a family tradition to try and time our stops around meal times at Sam's if possible.

May God continue to be the Hero!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment