And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Check Tray Carefully

We had a visit from a sweet friend yesterday. This is L. She is a dear friend of ours from the church we went to in The Woodlands. She came up to visit with lots of love, encouragement, and goodies. Can you see the pretty picture directly behind her (the red, orange, & yellow painting)? Her 3.5 year old daughter, E, painted it for me. Isn't it beautiful? She was such a joy and encouragement! It was so good to get to see L.



The doc came in while L was here and updated us on what he thinks is going on...The basic answer is that we still don't know. I am continuing to have seizures despite all the meds. They have completely ruled out the Hashimoto's Encephalopathy because I continued to have seizures on the steroids and that shouldn't happen at all. They are still stumped, though, because my seizures are quite different from any seizures the docs have ever seen. So, they are going to increase the meds I'm currently on and add some more to the mix. Doc says that because I have seizures so frequently, it will be easy to see if the meds are working. He'll try a new med for a couple of weeks and if the seizures go away, YIPPEE! If not, we switch to another. We'll just stay on that cycle until we find something that works. After he's tried a few, he'll start to consider some of the other surgical options like a Vagus Nerve Stimulator. They seem to have removed resective surgery from the options for right now. They said it would be way too dangerous since the seizures are starting so deep in my brain.

I've also had a new little issue pop up since yesterday. Almost my entire body is aching to the touch. You know if you work out too much and it hurts to move the next morning? That's the way I feel from my knees up...just the slightest touch makes me jump. Just super tender all over. It made sleeping a bit difficult because the sheets were painful to the touch. The docs, of course, don't know why.

Meal time has been very entertaining here. The first time I was here, it was much the same. So, we have had precious friends that have come up to bring us meals. Last night, A & L came to visit. They brought us some yummy food from Black Walnut Cafe.

We took pictures so that you can see what they saved us from...



So, above is the order. This is what I was supposed to receive.



This is what arrived.

Doesn't that chicken look yummy and filling? You can see that the ticket mentions broccoli, which wasn't there. Then, multiple times it mentions "no tomatoes" since I'm allergic to them. Yet, you see the tomatoes on the salad. It also says on another part of the ticket, "Supervisor check tray carefully." Obviously, that didn't happen. So, the meal from A & L was such a treat and blessing!

Just to add to the meal time fun, lunch never even arrived yesterday. Praise the Lord for a sweet hubby that went to get lunch for me.

Here are A & L before they left last night. We had a wonderful visit with them and their sweet little one should be here in about six weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment