And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, October 10, 2008

Update

Well, we met with the doc...he was a nice guy. Didn't get much time with him. Ben spoke German with him. Can't tell you what they said.

So, here is the basic update:

He agrees that surgery is still really the option that we need to pursue. However, he said it is very dangerous and risky. It will probably take multiple surgeries to get where we need to be...We will have to do multiple brain mappings to find the location because it is so deep. He seemed to want to respect the current doc's plan to try a couple more meds. I've already had five seizures today. So, I can't say that we can say this current med is making much of a difference. It is also making me very dizzy and still makes my tongue go numb. That is also on the lowest dose. He wants me to continue to try to increase the dose. However, you wonder how much help it is to increase the dose with all of the side effects, yet no decrease in the number of seizures. So, we'll see.

Keep prayin' for Joey's family. I got to meet Joey today. The Lord allowed the opportunity for me to go back and pray over Joey. Wow!! What a fighter!! Please, Please, Please pray for Joey and his healing! He is defying all odds. Each moment of each day, the Lord is showing that He still performs miracles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment