And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Puppy Kisses...

...nothin' beats 'em.






How can coming home not be wonderful, when these faces are the ones to greet you?





Sorry it has taken me so long to update. My computer will not give me access to blogger. We've been trying to fix it all day, to no avail. I am borrowing B's computer to give a quick update.

It has been wonderful being back at home. The pups weren't nearly as excited yesterday, as I was, to see them. However, they were getting all kinds of treats with the wonderful friends that were keeping them for us. They got cheese, scrambled eggs, toast, Fritos, etc. B says no people food for dogs. So, they got quite spoiled and didn't want to come home to dry dog food.

Today was a different story. They have been so loving and cuddly.

Good Morning, Momma.



This is Rudder right now. He's fast asleep on my shoulder as I type this.



I just got up for a moment and this was Rudder when I returned.


Still fast asleep, ready for more snuggling.

We spent over an hour scrubbing my head yesterday trying to get the glue out and there is still a ton. I've also lost so much hair and look silly because of that. B said yesterday we could have probably made a wig out of all the hair that came out while trying to wash my hair.

We all went on a walk tonight. It was nice to get out of the house and breathe fresh air for more than two minutes. I had hoped I wouldn't see anyone we knew because I am such a mess due to all of the glue and lack of hair...While out, we ran into a couple of families from our church. I'm sure I frightened them! It was nice to see familiar faces, though. Special reminders that we are back home.

Since I was in the Pediatric Unit (and didn't cry too much), I got a special purple giraffe, Topper. This is a picture of my good lookin' hubby taking care of Topper while getting ready to watch the debates Thursday night.



I wish I had more pics of B during the day, rather than just this one of him in his Pjs because the doc came in one morning and told B that he was "always impeccably dressed." He said he looked like he was always ready to go to work. That's my hubby. Even the med students started checking to see what he was wearing each day to see how dressed up he was...I'm so proud of my hubby. Doesn't he look cute with Topper?

The doc sent me home Friday because there isn't much more that can be done in the hospital right now. In summary, we are going to keep trying the meds. I'm supposed to titrate the dose up as quickly as possible. We had to back down a little bit because I started to have some side effects Friday morning. I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up on my own and then my tongue, lips, and face started going numb. So, they backed me off the dose and I'm supposed to increase it on my own over the next week.

We go back Thursday night. I am supposed to have my appt. Friday morning with the doc from Cleveland. We rescheduled the appt. with Mayo. The Neurologist shared with me that Mayo is known for their expertise in generalized seizures. Whereas, Cleveland is known for specializing in Focal Seizures. Mine are focal. So, in theory, I'm getting a free "2nd opinion" from Cleveland this next week.

I'll share more details later, but I'm sure I've overwhelmed you with info for now.

On a final note, Joey is doing well. His oxygen was at 100% when we left yesterday. They brought it down to 80% and now it's down to 60%. This is such a praise and sign toward progression. Continue to pray that the pneumonia clears up and is completely gone as it is such a risk factor. If all continues to go well, he will have another surgery on Wednesday. Keep checking his site and let his family know you are praying for him.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your home, even if it is only temperarily! We'll be praying for the Cleveland doc to shed some light!

    ReplyDelete