And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, September 5, 2013

This Insidious Disease


Once an avid reader, reading triggers seizures and she struggles to even read her daily devotionals.
Once outrageously athletic, she has difficulty even walking and often is forced into her wheelchair.
Once able to retain and recall complicated formulas, she doesn't remember her wedding or her child's birth.
Once a lover of music and singing in the choir, numerous noises now trigger seizures.
Once driving up to 1000 miles a week for her job, she is unable to work or drive.
Her greatest freedom has been grocery shopping with her baby girl, it is a small piece of normal.
Yet, with these new scary seizures, she can't safely experience that simple joy!

M has been readmitted to the hospital (8th floor EMU at Parkland) as she has been averaging 7-8 devastating seizures a day with one lasting almost two hours.  The Doctors are working to get her stabilized before they proceed with the next plan of action.

I will keep you posted on whether it will be chemotherapy or plasma exchange.

Again, I ask that you join me in praying for strength and peace.  Pray for wisdom and compassion for the Doctors.  Pray for a miracle!

With love and appreciation,
D

3 comments:

  1. I know yall have looked into every possible cause for M's seizures, but I hate to hear how she is suffering. Have you considered heavy metal toxicity as a potential cause for her seizures? Perhaps chelation therapy would help. Just an idea but I thought it couldn't hurt to throw it out there. Praying for M and your whole family.
    Emily (Birmingham, AL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many prayers for all of you, I am always hoping for Merideths silver lining in all this!! Thanks for keeping us updated

    ReplyDelete