And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Day That Would Not End

As I begin writing this, the clock shows that there are 15 minutes remaining in the day.  We are ready for this day to end!!

The blessing is that we got the OK from the doc to hurry and get out of the hospital.  I started yanking the leads off my head as soon as we heard it was ok.  We didn't even wait for the EEG tech.  I threw my hair back in a pony tail despite all of the glue in my hair!  We wanted to get to our girl!

B went ahead and started taking stuff to the car so that it would be ready to go as soon as they let us leave.  The nurse even rushed her paperwork when I told her how quickly we needed to get to P.  We got in the car and rushed back home.  As Mom put it, "God parted the seas for us."  The trip has been taking Mom close to an hour and we made it in time to get Miss P from school.

This is the minute we got there.  She was helping her teachers clean up the classroom and asked me to wait while she put the books away.  Then, she came running with hugs.  Wow!!!!  She immediately wanted the camera and started taking her own pics.


Pic of Daddy!

Pic of Gamma, the woman that made it possible for B to stay by my side all day and all night for an entire month.

With my girl!!!!
So, I'm not supposed to carry anything heavy or walk much.  However, I couldn't stand the idea of not snuggling with her non-stop.

When we picked her up, her teacher asked if she had asthma because she seemed to be hoarse & wheezing.  We noticed it, but it didn't seem that bad.  We got home, snuggled, and put her down for a nap.  She woke up after a very short time and sounded awful.  I called the pediatrician's office and they were very concerned and wanted her to come in, but the doc had to leave.  So, one of our long time family friends (I was her flower girl) is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.  My doc's office said they've only heard wonderful things about her.  So, we started trying to reach her.  Her precious husband met us at her office and got us in the back door because she had so many other after hours patients waiting.  What a gift!!!!!  Thank you, Lord!!

The Lord heard your prayers as the NP believes that Miss P has a virus, but that it's not in her lungs like croup.  As of now, B is in her room trying to help her sleep because it keeps waking her up.  Poor baby!  Please pray that it clears up quickly.  She is so tough, but I want her to feel better.

While Miss P was sleeping, B ran to Mom's house to fix her TV.  Thus, he ended up meeting us at the pediatrician's office.  When it was time to leave, his key got stuck in the ignition and the truck wouldn't start.  He is old school and loves everything original on his truck.  He takes such great care of his automobiles.  However, a  few years ago, the ignition cylinder broke.  The truck has continued to work just fine, though.  You just have to know the secret to get the key out when you are done driving.  It's never been a problem.  However, it seems as though the parking guys at the hospital broke it today.  So, when we tried to leave the doc's office...B tried everything he knew to do and it just wasn't working.  Miss P even gave him her set of plastic keys to see if they would work!!  Anyway, we had to leave his truck in the parking lot of the doc's office.  He will have to go tomorrow and buy the part and repair the truck in the parking lot or get it towed to the dealership and get it repaired.

You just couldn't have written more in to today and it couldn't have been crazier.  Nothing like getting home from a month long stay in the hospital to find that you have to rush your daughter to the doc to then have your car break down...Only the Lord could foresee it and only the Lord could carry us through.  It is now after midnight and I pray that Wednesday will prove to be much calmer.

We continue to covet your prayers!
Please pray:
  • Miss P will get well quickly and whatever this is will clear up without meds.
  • B will be able to get his truck fixed quickly and affordably.
  • B will be able to get some work done tomorrow since he's not been able to work while by my side.
  • The Lord will grant seizure freedom-please, Lord, no more seizures.
  • Mom will be able to rest 
  • I will have the energy to care for Miss P tomorrow, but I will exercise wisdom as I really pushed it today and started to feel yucky....

Each and every one of you amazes us.  Your messages to us have been so encouraging and your prayers are being answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment