And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, September 13, 2013

More Plex

After taking a break from PLEX yesterday due to Princess' labs being too low, the doctor's determined that Princess' blood work was good enough to do an exchange today.  This news was well received as we felt like we were proactively working on trying to stop these seizures, especially the one that she had last night.

For the most part, today was a good day.  As I write this post, Princess has only had one seizure today which came this evening.  Overall, she felt much better than she did yesterday, but was still experiencing some chest pain and a rapid heart rate.  The actual exchange was uneventful.  As I mentioned yesterday, the doctors are closely monitoring Princess' blood levels and it was absolutely amazing to see God's hand at work today...

During the actual exchange it is imperative that Princess' calcium levels are routinely checked.  The exchange itself does actually deplete the body's active calcium and can pose great side effects.  At one check in the process Princess' levels were showing as negligible- meaning the levels were so low, a measurement could not be found.  This was a scary and tense moment as the tests were quickly checked a second and third time with still the same results.  During this ordeal, I did take a phone call/page that I received.  As I called a sweet voice answered and it was a precious prayer warrior from our church's Comfort and Care Ministry.  I shared with her that I couldn't visit but would greatly appreciate her prayer for the situation at hand.  She did pray and with that I went back in to Princess' hospital room.

Wouldn't you know, God heard us (as He always does) in our time of need and within minutes of walking back in we ran a check again on Princess and her calcium levels were suddenly registering and in fact at a very good/surprising number!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!

So for the rest of the day it was to rest and recoup from the exchange.  While we would love to do another exchange tomorrow, most likely Princess' blood work won't allow for it.  That it, unless God says she should do another procedure tomorrow...

We'll post more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment