And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Update/Weekly wrap up

Realized that we haven't posted any pics from PLEX #5.  So, here is the fun machine that they wheel in each day that we have a treatment.  Crazy, huh?  The nurse refers to it as R2D2!


It removes my blood, puts it in a centrifuge, pulls out the plasma (the big bag hanging in the back), and then puts my blood back in with some saline and albumin (the upside down bottles).


This is what it looks like when they are finished.  The prayer is that bag is full of all the antibodies and that they never come back...

Little Miss P got to come visit on Wednesday after PLEX.  So, we all had smiles on our faces.


This is Miss P using my central line like a straw!!  I wish you could hear her sweet little slurp!

Hangin' with my girl!  Oh, how I miss her.

Well, as B finished his post last night about the amazing prayers that have surrounded us through this time, we had even more come pouring forth. He received a text message late last night from some friends that said they felt called to come up and pray over us.  So precious.  They made a late night trip up here and we spent some amazing time in prayer.  They also brought a friend that felt called to pray for us, as well.

I wish I could explain how precious the time was, but I'm at a loss for words.  God has clearly revealed HIMself throughout this journey.  Please continue to be in prayer for my doc and his heart!  We truly pray that he comes to know the Lord, the one and only Lord, that has carried us through this journey.
...one Lord, one faith, one baptism;  one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Ephesians 4:5-6

One of our precious friends has continued to send us the prayers from her children:

"Please heal M tomorrow, or today Lord, or you could the next day."
then, after praying for me he has been saying...
"Lord please be with P. Help her never to get the seizures. Amen."


As you know, there was much miscommunication yesterday.  However, things seemed to flow pretty smoothly today.  Thank you, Lord!  This is Ms J.  She's the Nurse that has done my PLEX all week.  She's been great.

The treatment went well today and I've been blessed with over 75 hours seizure free.  We got to have a nice discussion with the PA in charge of PLEX and decided to wait until Monday to do the next treatment so that my body has a little bit more time to heal from today's treatment and produce enough fibrinogen to allow them to remove the catheter sooner.

B took some pics of the catheter tonight as the nurse was changing the dressing.

We continue to trust in the Lord for HIS perfect healing!  We believe He can do it.

 This is the view out our window!!  It's an amazing reminder to pray for what each of those families is enduring as we spent time there a few years ago, as well.
Beggin for prayers for our sweet girl
2/05/2011 update
Sunday Update
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow


So, the reality of home is getting closer.  We are tired and; more importantly, miss our little girl.  While we won't be doing treatment this weekend, please pray that the weekend itself would pass quickly.  Four weeks is a long time!  Lord willing, no more. Thanks to all of you for your continued faithful support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment