And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, September 27, 2013

A Day's End....Finally

Oh the joy to finally be home.  It has truly been great being back home and having the family back together as one under the same roof!  Princess has really enjoyed feeling good these last few days and it has especially felt good as she has truly been able to take care of Critter while she was dealing with croup.

Critter had a much better night and woke feeling much better. The game-plan was to monitor her during the day and then follow up with the doctor to get their assessment.  The blessing of the day was that Critter was 90% better today according to the doctor and she felt that Critter would be back to her old self in no time.

While Critter was feeling much better, Princess on the other hand woke up having a seizure and a headache that persisted throughout the day.  Miss C was so sweet that while B was out on an appointment, Miss C grabbed an ice pack and made Princess lie down and try to rest.  And how miserable the headache got.  After I got home, Princess was still in bed with a throbbing headache and to compound things, she felt like she was on the verge of having a big seizure.  Something just wasn't right.  Even at the time of this post, Princess' headache is still very present.

Meanwhile, I was able to get in an appointment for work (felt good), and then spent over an hour at the Pharmacy trying to get the meds the doc called in on Tuesday.  And while that was going on, the dealership that I took my truck to was calling to say my truck was being fixed.  Not too bad!  Thanks by the way for the multiple folks that either called or texted me about a vehicle.  You guys rock and were such a blessing to realize that even if my vehicle was not able to work, we had some options.  So the cool thing was that the Dealership was in fact able to fix my truck and this afternoon I was able to get my truck!  YEA!!!

So all in all it wasn't the best of all days, but things worked out.  We even had a surprise visitor come over and share some of her precious hugs and memories..."Mrs. L"!!!  Mrs. L. has just been so sweet in helping to care for Critter and had a surprise to drop off for both  Critter and Mommy.  Much to Critter's delight, Critter was able to get her very own painted pumpkin!  How precious! And as if her coming was not special already, she brought us a gift that will help us with grocery trips in the next few weeks.

To end the day we did enjoy getting back to the dinner table and dine together as a family.  However, we did hurry as we had to get ready for a visitation service for a dear friend's brother who had passed away.

Prayers:
  • Headache is still pretty bad for Princess, please pray that it would cease
  • Communication with our doc now that we are not in the hospital and we need to know what to do for her on days like today.  
  • Critter would continue to get better
  • Healing for Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment