And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, June 8, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 8



Sorry that my math is off on the update #s.

Update # 8 (June 8 - 10:40am)

It was a rough night. We need prayers and B- blood. Haylie was in need of platelets and blood last night, but unfortunately the B- supply is extremely low and they could only get one unit of platelets that finally arrived at 2:00am. They have been trying to locate more platelets because she can’t have her spinal tap and chemo treatment today until they are able to get her platelets and hemoglobin up. They finally got some blood for her and she is currently getting the transfusion right now. Please pray there are no complications or reactions.
We just found out that there are NO B- platelets. I’m being asked to sign a consent to give her another blood type of platelets because she needs the platelets to have the spinal tap and chemo treatment. Doctor said the treatment is more important. Please pray everything goes well.
She will have a spinal tap in her room at noon without anesthesia. Please pray that goes smoothly as well. They couldn’t get an OR for the anesthesia until after lunch and they didn’t know if they would have the blood so this gave us more flexibility and she could eat. Chicken express for breakfast today.
We have a big request. If anyone is B-, please consider donating soon. It is very rare and the blood supply is very very short right now. She will be needing more transfusions and not having blood or platelets to give her is scary. I wish I was B- so I could donate, but I’m not. Everything about Haylie is special, including her blood. Thank you for the prayers. We are finding out that it takes 2 days to process the blood. She should be ok for a few days but will likely need another transfusion by next Friday. I will try and find out more info on how the process works and keep everyone updated. Even if Haylie doesn’t get the blood, donating can help save some other persons life too.
For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment