And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, June 7, 2018

#healingforHaylie-Post 5

Update - June 7th
This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it!
God is good. We have gotten several great reports this morning. When Haylie had her first spinal tap last Friday We learned there are 3 levels to the spinal fluid, 1- no cancer in spinal fluid, 2- cancer found but 5 or less in sample, and 3- lots of cancer throughout. Doctors prepared us that she might be a level 3 because her numbers were so high, but she came back a 2, which is certainly better than a 3. Well, today the dr just came in and said they got the official pathology report back and NO cancer cells are present in her spinal fluid. It was a false positive so she is at actually a 1! Praise God! Prayer answered. I believe God has already begun the healing.
She had another x-ray to check on the mass around her heart. We are still waiting for the results but they just did a test to see if she could lay flat and tolerate it. Well...she rocked it, she laid flat and still had 100% oxygen levels!!! I am believing that the mass is gone and she can now sleep laying down rather than sitting up all night. She swallowed pills this morning and said they didn’t feel like they got stuck like they have in the past.
We also just went for a walk around the floor to get her some exercise and get her out of the room. She is in good spirits and has a great attitude. I accidentally pulled her picc line while getting her out of bed around 2:30 this morning. I felt terrible and precious child said it’s ok Mom, it could have been a lot worse.
She will have another round of chemo tomorrow along with another spinal tap. She is supposed to have a platelet transfusion tonight to get her levels up so that anesthesia can be used. However when she found out that she can’t eat after midnight she said she wants to just use a local and no anesthesia. Our doctor said she sometimes has teenage boys decide to go that route because they want breakfast more than the anesthesia. I just didn’t think Haylie would have been in the same category, but she was requesting Dickey’s turkey at 4am. 😂 She rocked her first spinal tap without anesthesia so I know she can do it.
Thank you for the prayers. I was able to get eye drops and my eye is almost back to normal today! And I spoke to my mom and her surgery was a success and she is home recovering nicely.
A huge thank you to Jamie King and Ashley Hartzog for coming and getting me out of the hospital for dinner last night. Y’all are amazing friends and seeing y’all brought such joy to me during a rough time. I am beyond blessed by your friendships.
We also had some some great family members come and sing and pray over her this morning. It was very encouraging to me. He sang fighting my battles, and we stand believing that God IS going before us fighting this battle. God is so so good! We are standing in faith expecting more good news tomorrow.
Please pray
1) that Haylie’s spinal tap goes well, especially without being put under, and that the results come back clear with no cancer cells tomorrow
2) that we would stay healthy and continue to get more rest
3) that Haylie’s chemo treatment continue to kill all the cancer cells and her body would recover quickly.
Love you all!
#HealingForHaylie

With her doctor!

Snuggles with Dad last night.

Watching a movie together.

No comments:

Post a Comment