And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, June 7, 2018

#healingforHaylie-Post 4

Wednesday- June 6

I used to think that the saying “God will not give you more than you can handle” was true, but now I know that it is totally false. I believe He sometimes gives us way more than we can possibly handle so that we have to give it to Him. This is not something I can go through with my own strength. This is where I give it to Him and He takes my heavy burden and carries us. I’m so very thankful we serve such a big God that can handle it all. We are also so blessed by the amazing support system we have of people helping us in our time of need. I really think this is what Christ meant for his church. Everyone comes together and does a little to help others and it makes it possible. Then someday we will be able to help others in return. This is truly how the body of Christ works.

We didn’t have a great night, but it was way better than several in the past. She is a little stronger today than yesterday which is good. The great news is that her WBC is down to 5000! We get closer to the 0 number every day when the chemo will have killed all the cancer cells. Of course that means there are side effects so we are working through those as well. Haylie’s hemoglobin rose very slightly last night so they won’t be doing a transfusion today. I’m glad that it rose, but the transfusion would have given her a much needed energy boost. We are praying that it continues to go up and she regains some energy.

Today my goal was to wash my hair and I am happy to report I finally got it done. Yay for clean hair! The doctors might not even recognize me today. Tomorrow I’m hoping to get a bigger goal than just washing my hair, but again we celebrate the victories.

It took me a while to figure out what day it was today. I have not walked out of the hospital in 6 days now. I was told one area on our floor has a large glass window that the sun will shine in so we are going to try and find that soon. I guess that can be our goal for tomorrow.

Also, please pray for my Mom. She has had a lot of health issues of her own lately and she had a procedure done this morning in El Paso. Pray for her quick recovery. She has wanted to come see Haylie but she needs to recover herself first.

Thanks again for all the love and support. God is going before us and fighting our battles. The verse I wrote down this morning reminds me of this.
The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you. Deuteronomy 1:30

#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment