And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

#HealingforHaylie-Post 11

Haylie update - June 11th
It has been a busy day. This is the first time I’ve had a chance to try and send out an update. Haylie had a good day! Her blood work came back and her levels are all good! Her WBC is down to 2.4 and her platelets were still great at 61 and hemoglobin was at 9.4. We are watching her levels to see if she will need another transfusion, but so far they are holding well. She was super tired today so she may need another in a few days. The lab tests also came back with no problems with her liver. That is great news, but we are still trying to figure out why she is still getting such bad stomach pains.
She watched Big Hero 6 last night and she said it made her crave Chinese food. She was begging for some at 11:00 last night. She eventually settled for a lemon bar. Then she wanted popcorn at 4:00am. She finally settled for goldfish because I was just too tired to get popcorn at 4am.

She had a great day and let me tell you, the Lord provides. She was still begging for Chinese food for lunch. I was just about to order spaghetti from the hospital cafeteria when the sweet lady who was coming to pray for Haylie from Gateway church texted and asked if she could bring lunch. You can only imagine how excited Haylie was when she picked up PeiWei for us. I should have taken a picture!

And then my day got really crazy. I got a call from Fox 4 news and they wanted to do a story on Haylie and the blood situation. They asked if they could come by in 30 mins. 😳. Y’all, I have been in total grunge mode for days. When I texted Michael, his response was “do you have any makeup? 😂. Haylie was taking a nap and I decided to try and wash my hair. When I walked out of our room the nurse at the station looked at me and asked, did you get your hair highlighted? My response was no, I finally just washed it. Seriously, when in the world would I have had time to get my hair done? We are just making it minute by minute sometimes. Anyway, I learned you should always pack at least one decent pair of clothes even at the hospital. I was just trying to find clothes that matched with the clean ones I had left. I was fortunate that they had to postpone it until tomorrow. Michael was able to bring me clean clothes tonight so we are in luck!

Here is where it gets really crazy. I decided to try and wash Haylie’s hair with her leaning off her bed. It seemed like such a good idea in my head. I’m so thankful for the awesome nurse that came to our rescue. She was able to take the end of the bed off and we got it washed...kind of.
I finally got her all ready for bed and I’m about to go to bed myself. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers.

Prayer requests
1) That we could find the source of Haylie’s severe stomach pains and fix them.
2) That her spinal tap results come back clear tomorrow.
3) that her levels stay solid and we don’t need another transfusion yet.
4) that her story would inspire others to donate blood and it would help lots of people.
5) that B- blood and platelets would be available when she needs it.
#HealingForHaylie
Faith over fear

No comments:

Post a Comment