And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, June 29, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 26

Haylie update- June 29

This is our big day. Today we are supposed to go home!!! Right now we are sitting here waiting for the anesthesiologist to get here to take Haylie back for her spinal tap and bone marrow test. We are praying to again find no cancer cells. All her labs have come back clear on her blood, but we have been told that cancer cells always hide in the bone marrow. We are standing in faith that all the results will come back cancer free!

Yesterday was probably her best day since we have been here. She had more energy and her labs were great. Her ANC number was actually over 1600 which is fabulous! We have lots to be thankful for. They didn’t even have to do labs last night because her numbers were so good from the day before. 

Sitting here waiting is hard. This is day 30 for us. But next door they just tested a young boy and it was really hard to hear the mom walk out in tears. Today is their day 1. I tried to see if I could catch her in the hall and pray with her and try to bring encouragement, but they had already gone through the doors. I don’t know who she is, but God does and I can guarantee you that they will need prayers and strength. Please pray for them as well. I don’t have a clue how anyone can get through this without the hope, peace and love or Christ.

Today I really understood the meaning of 2 Corninthians 1:3-4
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”

I know exactly the hurt in that mama’s heart. I pray that God would bring her comfort as he has to us. I pray she is able to put her trust in Christ. God has, and continues to go before us. We are still at the beginning of our journey. It’s a long road, but I know we are not alone.

I’m learning that each of us is on a journey and sometimes our pain and victories can be used to help someone else. Don’t be afraid to share the good that God has done for you. You just might be the blessing someone needs today.

I’ll try to post an update again later today. We can’t wait to get home!
#HealingForHaylie




No comments:

Post a Comment