And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, June 23, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 21

Haylie and Life update- June 22

Thank you everyone for the prayers. My surgery went well and I am home recovering. It turned out to be a little worse than my doctor expected so surgery was over 2 hours instead of 1. Thankfully we caught it before it got any worse. It had attached itself to my intestines and colon and had to be cut loose. Recovery is going to be a little bit longer, but I’m hoping to be back at the hospital to see Haylie soon.

Haylie had a much better day. Her tummy made big improvements last night and today. Praise God! She had been in a lot of pain so I’m very excited it is better and she is not in so much pain tonight. Her numbers are still improving. Her platelets amazed us once again at 239! I have been praying for her platelets specifically and God has really answered that prayer. I’m going to start praying for her white blood cells to start coming back now too. I’m excited to see God work again. 

It was great having Nanny stay with her last night to help her and me. Nanny also stayed with her this morning during my surgery so Michael could go help me. Man when we met our deductible, we are getting all kinds of use out of it now. On another note, I had to suck it up and follow Haylie’s example of how she took her IV’s and how she is handling her treatments. I’m pretty sure she is tougher than me.

I’m thankful for my sister who is staying overnight with Haylie tonight so I can have help. It’s never easy having two family members in the hospital on the same day. Lol. Keep that in mind. That is my public service announcement for today.

Tomorrow will be an even better day.
#HealingForHaylie


No comments:

Post a Comment