And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, June 21, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 19

Haylie update-June 20

Haylie had a really good day! She has made big improvements in just getting around and feeling better today. Her platelets continue to amaze us at 185 today! She has kept such a great attitude in dealing with a difficult situation. Unfortunately, doctors still felt that I could be contagious so they advised that I stay away one more day. That makes it 5 days since I have last been at the hospital. I can’t wait to see her again soon. I’m so thankful for my Aunt Melloy and my cousin Jamie who stepped in and stayed with her last night and today. Michael has been awesome and Haylie always perks up a little more when he is there. 

Some days just don’t seem to go the way we would expect them. That would be my day today. After a long crazy ordeal, I was finally able to get my CT scan results. It turns out that I don’t have kidney stones. I instead have a giant cyst the size of a grapefruit that is on my ovaries. Total bummer, but at least now I know why I’ve been in so much pain the last few months. I thought I was just beginning to feel old age and I needed to suck it up. I was fortunate enough to get in to see my doctor and find out what my options are. Long story short, I will be having surgery tomorrow or Friday. Certainly, not the news I was wanting but thankful the cause has been found and I can get it taken care of quickly so I can recover to be able to help Haylie next week.

That being said, I may have to ask a few friends for rides and a little help the next few days. Brennen has his last baseball tournament this weekend so I am really hoping that I am well enough to make it to a few of his games. And our amazing baseball team is having their homeruns for Haylie event so I’m going to try my best to be there for that as well. Sometimes life really throws you curveballs. I told Michael at least we have met our deductible so we might as well get all our medical procedures done now. 😜.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment