And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 18

Haylie update - June 19

Praise God, Haylie’s MRI showed no blood clots! She is still very dizzy so doctors are going to have her meet with the neurology team. They think it is just a reaction to the chemo, but they want to double check everything which is good.

Her blood results are still improving. Today she has amazed all of us with 162 platelets. Still zero cancer cells. Praise the Lord!

Y’all it has been a morning around here. I think I was passing a kidney stone so I’ve spent most of it laying on the floor. I am having a CT scan done at 3:00. Hopefully we can get some answers as to why I keep getting these terrible pains. I was actually supposed to get a CT scan the day we got called into the hospital for Haylie, but they said it would be to be over $1500 so I said no, I’m not hurting that bad. Good thing, because I got the call to take Haylie to the ER when I should have been getting the scan. Now we have totally met our deductible, so I figure, why not! I’m desperately trying to swallow all this barium liquid and it is all I can do to keep it down. Oh my!

Ok...just finished my scan. After drinking both cans of that awful stuff I get there and the x-ray lady said I didn’t have to drink it. 😳. They gave me an IV which I had a reaction to and caused me to throw up all the barium that I didn’t have to take after all and it has my tummy tore up! I just hope to get some good results after all this craziness.

On to some super positive news. I got an email yesterday from Carter blood care and since Haylie’s story has aired, they have received tons more blood donations and he reported that all blood supplies were out of the red zone and they had an extra supply of platelets! Haylie is making a difference and helping to save lives. He thanked us for sharing our story to encourage others to donate. God is good.
I’m praying that I can finally return to the hospital after 5 days away. It seems like an eternity. I’m ready to see her smiling face and give her a big hug. I’m thankful for FaceTime but I can’t wait for a real hug. 🤗. I’m also super thankful for her awesome daddy that has stayed by her side all night and day. A nurse told me it was the sweetest thing, he slept in a chair by her bed and held her hand all night long. Now that is a loving daddy.

It’s been a tough day for Haylie. The chemo and the meds have side affects and they have really tore her tummy up. Pray for her tummy pains to all be corrected. I’m continuing to pray for her levels to amaze her doctors and be a testimony of God’s goodness.

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn or my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:2,3
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment