And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 24

Haylie update - June 25

So thankful for another good day! Doctors are very pleased with her progress. It is looking like we will get to go home on Friday if we keep progressing the way we are. Today she finally felt well enough to go back to the playroom for the first time in 2 weeks! She is able to walk farther and faster than she had been able to in quite a while. It is small steps, but we are so thankful for the progress.
I am also doing much better. I’m starting to get around and walking by myself again. It is also slow progress, but again we will celebrate the victories. 

We have a lot to be thankful for. I have to remind myself of that often. We have had a lot of obstacles come at us lately that have been unexpected, but they were not unexpected to God. He was there waiting for us and He will use them for His glory. I have been doing the Bible app devotional Unexpected by Christine Caine. I started it a few days before Haylie was diagnosed when our lives were still normal. It has been so amazing and encouraged me so much. God knew I would need that devotional even before I knew what was coming. As I look back, He had begun to prepare us for this unexpected event weeks and even months before with small things. He has gone before us and He is with us now.


Just as Hebrews 13 promises, Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. I put my trust in Him. He was there for us in the past, and I know He will be there for us in the future.
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment