And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update from Houston

Just wanted to post a quick update.

I received a call yesterday that my neurosurgeon wanted to add an MRI to our list of things to do while here. We got a very late start to Houston. B always changes his own oil on his truck. However, we were so pressed for time this week, he gave in for the first time ever and let a store change it. The store is owned by an old neighbor of ours and they let B get the oil he likes and used that. I walked out to the garage yesterday to pack the puppies food and there was oil all over our garage floor. I would post a pic, but don't have the ability to download the pic right now. Anyway, B was in an appt. and so I called the shop he went to and let them know and asked them to stay late, if necessary. In the meantime, I was trying to reach B so that he could at least check his oil before he started driving.

Our intention was to leave around 6p. We didn't leave until 9p. We arrived in Houston a little after 1a. My MRI was scheduled for 7am and B's PET scan was scheduled for 7p. So, this morning, he dropped me off for my scan and went to his. Right about now, they should be scanning his body and finding absolutely no cancer (please, LORD)!! My appt. didn't take nearly as long. So, I am sitting in a little restaurant waiting for him.

While sitting in here, my neurologist came walking in to get his morning coffee. He told me I was a bit too early for my appt. He came over and said hello before he left to go see patients. He is such a sweet doctor!

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment