And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Celebrating Connor's Life

Did any of you see the story on the news last night about Connor? His parents were interviewed and they showed many pics of Connor. It was awesome to hear his parents give God the glory on the news!!!
************
Today was an unbelievable day. It was a beautiful celebration of Connor Cruse's life.

When we arrived at the funeral, as expected there were so many people. They had a viewing which was difficult. It was the first time that it was evident how this disease has affected Connor. Though the make-up jobs are never great, you could clearly see that his last few days were difficult.

Once we sat down, B shared with me that an entire agency (from the co. B works for, Northwestern Mutual) came from St. Louis, made the trip in today to be there for the family. As well, many others were there representing many other agencies (offices) within the company. Even the upcoming President of Northwestern and others in leadership from home office flew in from Milwaukee. Through all of my health stuff, we have seen how B's office pulls together and is like a family. This was just more representation of the beautiful family that is, Northwestern Mutual.

Connor was dressed in his baseball uniform. As well, his entire baseball team arrived in their uniforms. It was precious to see his entire baseball team sitting together in their little orange uniforms.
Here is one of his little buddies.

The service had a beautiful focus and that focus was Jesus! We actually learned that at one point, Connor turned to his family and said, "I'm ready to go to my new home." They clarified what he meant and he meant it's time to go meet Jesus!!! So, each of his family members and close friends that were there, prayed over him, releasing him to the Lord.

I will have to finish this post in the morning. I keep falling asleep while trying to type it....

No comments:

Post a Comment