And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hickman Family Reunion-In The Beginning

Well, a few weeks ago, we went to B's family reunion (his Mom's side). We didn't get to go to the last one due to one of us being ill or something...So, it was exciting to get to go and see everyone. B's Mom is one of four girls! His Grandpa helped marry us!

The reunion was right outside of Colorado Springs. Due to this diet they have put me on for the seizures, I had to call ahead to every place we were going (i.e., hotel, restaurant, etc.) to see if they would allow me to bring my own food. We also had the delightful experience of dealing with TSA. I had to take so much of my food with me (pre-measured) which means that I basically broke every travel security law. However, my doc's office was wonderful and wrote a super letter that helped us get through security. They still wanted to take the whole cooler apart and look at everything, but it made it much easier.

Here we are at the airport, waiting for our flight. No seizures at this point in the day...Praise Jesus!!

On the plane!
When we arrived in CO, we took the shuttle to the rental car place. We tried to use B's dad's loyalty # to get an upgrade, but the guy didn't want to help us at all. So, we walked outside, got in our four door sedan and started to drive to the check out stand.

When we got there, the lady was so nice. B talked to her about her shoes, we told her why we were there and that we had wanted to get an upgrade, but they wouldn't let us because we had rented online. She said that wasn't true at all and to go pick any car off the lot we wanted!!! So, once we clarified ANY, we went and found a beautiful Tahoe (with only 5000 miles)! We didn't realize how much we would need it throughout the weekend, but it was wonderful.

This is Mallory! She's the wonderful lady that helped us get the best car!! She was such a blessing!
So, then we arrived at the "resort" where we would be staying with B's family. It was a beautiful location, The Hideaway. We were the only family there and so we had full run of the place. B's parents went to the grocery store for us before we got there so that I didn't have to pack everything. Also, the resort had a little fridge and microwave that I was able to use the entire time to keep my food. It created a bit of a challenge here and there, but we survived the first trip having to take every single meal with me.

Grandpa, B's brother, & Nana

B's Aunt N, his Mom & Dad
B's cousin R & his wife M. Uncle L, too!
Everyone just hanging out and talking. L, Aunt A,
Aunt J (she played the violin at our wedding), & Uncle R.

Uncle P & C
Everyone decided they needed a good game of night volleyball.
You can't see much b/c it was so late & dark, but I got to go get the car and move it down so they could use the headlights! Though only a short distance, I still get so giddy about driving!
A picture of the back of the Hideway.
Not a single seizure all day! Praise the Lord!!!

p.s. I was going to make the reunion one big post, but I have way too many pics. So, over the next few days, I will be posting more about reunion. Keep watch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment