And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

From Connor's Daddy...

A letter from Connor's Dad is below. However, please make sure you read down about Nate and pray actively for Nate and his family. Pray that the Lord will give them wisdom & peace.

Wednesday, July 15

Good afternoon. As the father of Connor Cruse, I buried my son yesterday. A little over 24 hours ago I said goodbye to my son, who started his fight against stage four neuroblastoma cancer 50 months ago today. As you can imagine, Joy and I and the kids are having tremendous grief with the loss of our son, the loss of a friend. I lost my hero last Friday.

There has been a tremendous outpouring of support. There was estimated to be between 3,500 and 4,500 people at his funeral. Over five police departments in the Dallas and Collin County area participated in one of the longest funeral processions they've ever seen. Over eight limousines and over 500 vehicles were in Connor's funeral procession. As we buried my son yesterday, I could not help but see all of the friends and family that came in from as far as Boston and California, the well-wishers who sent e-mails from over 70 countries, people standing in the Texas heat to see a little eight year old boy laid to rest. There was a two hour wait on Monday night for those at the church to say hello to us and to wish the family well.

To all our friends and family:

You are the glue that God uses to keep families together during such difficult times. You have allowed us to thrive and not just survive, and again I thank you. Connor continues to have an impact. His Team Connor website crashed over the last several days because of the incredible amount of activity on his website. In fact, Apple computers said we exceeded their own capacity! Connor Cruse continues to have impact by crashing the system from people going to www.teamconnor.org. We have been given a one year exception for unlimited capacity, so please go to www.teamconnor.org to learn about Team Connor and become a warrior for pediatric cancer research. Join our fight, help keep Connor's legacy alive, and may we all join together and not allow another child to have pediatric cancer.

Yes, this is the dream and the vision for Connor. The dream is to raise enough money for pediatric cancer research; that the child we help may be one of your nephews or nieces, maybe your child or your grandchild or neighbor or friend in the future. Weve had hundreds of thousands of emails and hits on the website. With all of you out there in the community reading this, Joy and I have a goal, and that is to help you and your neighbors and your families not go through what we've had to go through. May God bless all of you. Thank you for loving my son. Thank you for honoring him. Thank you for being a Team Connor warrior. Again, please go to www.teamconnor.org to learn about and join the fight!

Tait Cruse

No comments:

Post a Comment