And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Celebrating Connor's Life Part 2

Sorry about the delay in posting...so much went on with Nate today, I wanted you to each be able to focus on prayer for him.



So, we learned Connor's answer to all of life's questions is, "believe in Jesus...and be brave." We were all challenged to take on that attitude.

We then made it to the graveside. Connor had a girlfriend. They were the same age (about 3 wks apart) and have known each other since birth. She wrote a poem for him and read it to everyone.
Such a poised young woman and she did a beautiful job!

After the graveside, we went back to the church for a "reception." Many of the items that were set out for display Monday night were available to view at this point.

These are actually the patches from the astronauts who prayed for Connor from space.

Such a sweet frame. "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on the world."

As you may have read, they asked everyone to wear bright colors and no black since this was a celebration of his life. We got a quick picture together in our bright colors (yes, my baby wears pink) on our way out at the end of the day.


Please continue to lift Connor's family up in prayer over the next many weeks. Especially lift up his sister and brothers. They have clearly endured quite a bit over the last many years, too. I don't want them to be forgotten...

No comments:

Post a Comment