And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hickman Family Reunion-Sight Seeing

There were so man beautiful things to see. More than anything, I wanted to see wild animals!!!

It's hard to see, but this is a pic of Air Force Football Stadium!

Our first stop was Pikes Peak!
We drove to the top and it was amazing!
Do you see the snow (in JUNE!!)?
The beautiful mountain view on the way to the top.
More beautiful scenery...still no wild animals.
We made it to the top of Pikes Peak!
A view from the top!
Uncle P, cuddling up with his new friend in the gift shop!
There's the wild animal I was looking for...Grrrrr!
We decided to snuggle up with the only "animal" we could find!
This is our pic at the TOP of the Peak!!
Trying to get to a spot where I can take pics in the snow.
Being a Texas girl made it hard to understand how there
was so much snow, this late in the year.
My own lady bug from Pikes Peak.
Do you see what I see?
A marmot!
My first wild animal to see on the trip.
Later we went to the Cliff Dwellings. They, sadly, were very commercialized. Not like the time Mom took me to New Mexico & I got to meet the Indians she used to work with and go in their homes, etc. However, this is a pic of Ben's brother, T, showing us how small they were!
At the end of this day, I only had one seizure! So, it was nice getting to spend time with B's family without having to worry about feeling so yucky!

The next day, we did more sight seeing. This is Glen Eyrie, run by the Navigators, and once the home of General Palmer. It was beautiful, but I don't remember much about it as I started to have a lot of seizures this day. I had one in the middle of the tour and just had to lay on the floor. After that, B and I went downstairs and just rested while everyone else finished the tour. So, we probably missed some of the fun facts.
Next, we all went to Garden of the Gods.

Here is the family pic of those that went...
A wild animal!! ; )
Aren't these amazing?
This is called Balanced Rock.
Wasn't it nice of B to help them balance it?
Can you see what looks like a heart in the rock?
I thought that was so fun!
By the end of this day, we were all exhausted. I had five seizures and was past the point of having any energy. However, it was amazing to see God's beautiful creations!
The Beginning
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

Genesis 1:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment