And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Update on Nate's Celebration

Wes Oxford 1:12pm Jan 30
Hello everyone, I just wanted to see if I could help bring some clarity. We have had several people message, call, email, etc asking about the event on Feb 8. I now realize I should have explained it better in the original post. That night is his memorial or funeral event, but there will be no body there. We are having Nate cremated to always have his remains with us, so there will be no viewings, open caskets, wakes, or graveside services. Feb 8 will have a praise and worship band playing several of our and Nate's worship songs much like a worship night at church or a Hillsong or Chris Tomlin type concert. There will also be a few speakers: our minister, a good friend, and myself talking about Nate and his life. Also there will be a video going over his life. The auditorium will have signs, pictures, Nate's artwork, and kid made things around for people to view on their way in and out. It is a set program much like any service with the whole thing lasting around an hour and a half. It will be great for the whole family. We want to celebrate his life and the victory of eternity with Jesus. Hopefully this brings clarity and answers a lot of the questions. We really do want to see all of you there so if you can at all make it please come, I know it will be outstanding for the heart and soul. Look forward to seeing you there. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment