And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh my Achin' Back

Please begin praying for my amazing husband! A few years ago (at the beginning of the fun journey we've been on) his hip started to really bother him. We went to the doc, who sent him to a doc that specializes in bone tumors. Turns out he had a tumor in his hip that the doc wasn't worried about...he wanted to drill a hole in B's hip, remove it, and replace it with silicone or something of the sort. He also said that at age 25, B had the back of a 40-year old, major degenerative disks & arthritis.

Anyway, I got sick, he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's, and we never did anything about it. A week or so ago (2.5 yrs later), his back bothered him for a bit. He took some Aleve and was fine. This last week there was a lot of additional activity. We moved some furniture, had some friends in town with a cute little boy that needed to be lifted, hugged, etc., and just did more than usual physically speaking. So, B woke up yesterday morning unable to really move. We did Ben-Gay & Tylenol to get him through church and it kind of helped. We had dinner with Mom last night and it took B about three or four minutes just to sit down at the table. It took even longer for him to stand back up to leave. He has basically been unable to really move. You should see the poor guy try to walk. We did moist heat, ice, etc. The one thing that gave him the ability to stand up, take the dogs outside, and get ready for bed last night, was Mineral Ice.

He put some on this morning before he left for work and was okay. After being up and down, in and out of meetings this morning, he is in excrutiating pain. He was able to get in with the doc this afternoon at 3:15p.

So, long story, longer...he is in serious pain. Please pray for the pain in his back to go away and the doc to have some good answers on how to treat it and treat it quickly. The guy deserves a break. He works so hard, so diligently, and is so focused on touching lives. I hate for something to stand in the way of him loving on others. Please pray for his healing, his strength to get through all of his meetings today, and his doc appt. this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND BEN!!!! May he be out of pain soon! Love to you, Angie and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Ben! I'm sure mine probably isn't as bad as yours, but I've had a bad back my whole life. It isn't fun when you feel like you're 80 yrs old in a 20-something body. We'll be praying for you.

    I'm so happy, Meredith, that you got into the Mayo!! We'll pray that the docs will be able to come up with the answers you want/need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh. Ben.. how are you feeling, any better? That is no good, are still finding any time to exercise, I want my favorite cousin to stay as good lookin' and healthy as possible. kristiana

    ReplyDelete