And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A-ha!!

I had an appt. with my PCP this morning. He is very against me having the surgery and begged me to please not move forward with it. He wants to increase my thyroid dose for a few weeks to see if that might help. Then, I'll have some blood work done before we head to Houston to get an idea as to whether those changes are making a difference.

Since I still hadn't heard from the Mayo Clinic or my neuro, I gave my PCP the referral info for Mayo, as well. Just to see if two calling might help push it along. After the appt. today, I called Mayo to see where things stood. Turns out that my Neuro. has started the process and the Neuro dpmt. at Mayo is waiting to receive the 44 pages that have been sent to them (they have to be transferred from one dpmt. to the next). So, the prayer now is for them to accept my case once the Neuros review it. I'm also hoping that my PCP might submit all of the Diabetes Insipidus and POTS stuff to Mayo so that they can see we are working with a few different issues here.

My frustration is that I walk into the docs office expecting them to have an "A-ha" moment and it doesn't seem to happen. When the appt. is ending, they ask me what I want them to do...uhhh, be a doctor and figure this out so that you can make me better. So, then I leave a bit perturbed and frustrated. If this tells you anything, my Mom (those of you that know her will be even more shocked) was trying to get me to throw the bread at lunch today to release my frustration. She even threw one of the rolls at me to try to get me fired up and throwing them. I was raised better than to throw my food at the table and so I just couldn't do it! ; )

Mom wants me to go see a different doc here in Rockwall. Anytime Granny was rushed into the ER, Granny was treated best when one of two docs was working. One was our old neighbor and the other is the doc that B went to when he found the lump on his neck. She really likes both of them. So, now I need to try to find a way to get in there and get a doctor that will really look at all that is going on as a full picture, not some random conditions that don't affect each other.

To get rid of my frustrations, I might have to go throw a ball against the house today or something. I just want someone to come up with an answer. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. I'm ready to feel better, normal, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Go throw the ball, just don't let it hit you in the head--well, then again, maybe that's the trick. :) I'm praying for the path to be unveiled....know you are loved dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey M;
    You are so funny......I totally understand your frustrations, will say a prayer for you today.
    Kristiana

    ReplyDelete