And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gettin' Ready for H-town

We leave Monday to head to Houston. This is when they will begin to truly test to see if I am a candidate for surgery. Please begin to pray now for the trip. That the Lord will go before us and provide the docs with exceptional wisdom and humility. Also, that insurance will approve the visit. They were trying to deny the claim last week since I've already had this monitoring done three times. The catch is that 1.) there are better and completely different machines in Houston, and 2.) this is to seriously consider surgery (which the docs have not considered the last three times I was hospitalized in the Big D). However, since I'm still having up to five seizures a day, on medication, they feel this has to be the next option. I am supposed to be there from 4-5 days.

We think we are going to drive down on Monday night and stay in a hotel. Then, we check in to the hospital early Tuesday morning. B will probably just sleep at the hospital the entire time I'm there. I hate for him to have to do that, though. His back is still killing him and all they have is a chair that folds into a "bed." You can only imagine how comfortable that will be on his poor back. However, they say that they want you to have someone in the room with you at all times. I think it's a bit excessive since I'm home all day by myself and they will have video cameras on me constantly in the hospital.

I want B to be able to work during the day. So, I don't anticipate him being up there at all during the day. For those of you in H-town, come see me! I'll look quite funny with all of the EEG leeds. So, don't be too frightened when you walk in the room.

Also, if any of you know secrets to save on parking down there, spread the word! It seems like it is going to be super expensive. The max they will charge you per day is $10. However, if B gets there in the evening, spends the night, and leaves the next morning, that counts as two days. So, $20 to park overnight. Yikes!!! If he tries to come back and visit at any point during the day, that would be another chunk of change. Let us know your secrets on how to save on parking!!!

Thank you all for your prayers!

Again, they are:
*God would go before us on the trip
*Docs would have wisdom & humility
*Affordable parking
*Fruitful work time for B
*They will actually find the point of origin of the seizures (this is still a big mystery & a huge factor in whether or not surgery can be performed)
*Healing for B's back

2 comments:

  1. You guys are very welcomed to stay with us Monday night. If Ben needs a break or a good shower, he's welcomed too throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girlie! I found another option for parking... give me a call and we can discuss.

    ReplyDelete