And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, August 15, 2008

MAYO!!

I've been accepted!!

I don't know if I cried this much when I was accepted to Aggieland! Hopefully, I won't spend five years at the Mayo Clinic, like I did in Aggieland, though!! ; )

I got a call, about an hour ago, from the Mayo Clinic that I have been accepted as a patient. Poor lady couldn't understand half of what I said because I was crying so much. My appt. isn't until November 3rd. However, she said we can keep calling every day if we want to check for cancellations. She said I should expect to be there for 3-7 business days. It should be mainly outpatient and so she is also sending us a list of hotels that are nearby.

Please pray that the Lord would begin to prepare the hearts and minds of the docs that I will see. Also, that He would begin preparing the right team of doctors that can truly uncover the underlying cause and come up with a treatment plan. May He just pour wisdom upon each of the docs. We need to start gathering all of my records which can be time consuming and expensive. Pray that would flow smoothly. Pray that we would have wisdom in our communication with them. If we need to get more info to them than they have requested, may the Lord provide it or burden our hearts to get it so that they can have all they need.

Let's stop reading this blog and get back to praising the Lord for providing this appt. Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, prayer warriors, for sitting at His precious feet!!

8 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL news to read! Many blessings to come, I feel sure. Hope to see you two soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so faithful Mer! He will provide everything in HIS timining, just like he provided this appointment. I also met a child today who was having seizures and cut out dairy and no longer has them. Just amde me think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has a plan and you and your loved ones are a part of it. I love you, you precious Child of God.

    With all my prayers and in God's hands,

    Sincerely,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Meredith! Precious child of God! Praise HIM! YEAH! We rejoice with you. Much love, The Leathermans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is wonderful. I wish you were coming to Arizona so I could see you, but Minnesota will be a nice change, can wear those cold clothes, and nice people.. that is what the license plates should say Minnesota nice...I am very happy for you, please keep me posted, and yes, I have heard many amazing things about diet and supplements ( I went off all my anti-depressants and anti- anxiety medications) etc. and now just do it natural again with St. John's Wort, high dosages of high quality fish oil, Vit. B. Complex, 5- HTP and feel amazing....there is so much more out there..it just takes work to find it.

    ReplyDelete