And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, August 22, 2008

A Day to Celebrate

Mary L. "Rita" Pierson
August 22, 1920-May 5, 2007

Today is a tough day, but a day worth celebrating! Eighty-eight years ago today, my Granny entered this world. A little more than a year ago, she entered the Glorious Kingdom of Heaven. However, today is still worth celebrating (even though it is through some tears of missing her) because she continues to impact and touch lives! We were visiting a friend in the ICU Wednesday and one of Granny's nurses recognized us. Though Granny was intubated, thus unable to speak while in the ICU, she still touched lives to the point that over a year later they still remember her and her love for her Savior, Jesus!! May we all strive to leave such a legacy, that people remember Jesus...

Surrounded by her family that loved her so much!! Even great grandkids!!! WOW!!

I always wanted her to get to meet our kiddos. That didn't happen, but she was loved by, and loved, my wonderful hubby and she got to meet Hank & Rudder (our kids for now). She is the only person that Rudder would actually go to...he's still scared of everyone!



As many of you know, Granny loved to write poems. Here are a few for you today:

PRAYER

He was never voted for President or sat on the Senate floor.

He has the power to close the windows, but can also open doors.

We were all made in the image of man.

He gave us two feet, so that we could stand.

He gave us a mind that we could tell if we were right or wrong.

A mind that would help us to write a book or we could write a song.

If you should look up, maybe you could see

The mansion over the hilltop that was made for you and me.

Are you going to be in that number when the saints go marching in?

Please accept Him now for He knows where you are going

and He knows where you have been.

Tell God that you love him and believe Him and take your Savior by his nail-scarred hand.

He died for those that believe and also the ones that were lost.

Accept your Savior now and take Him by his hand.

He will always accept you and lead you to that promised land.

We will all have a great reunion when we meet above the sky.

We will all be so happy as we sing Amazing Grace or In The Sweet By and By.

We will all see our love ones, so please don’t be late.

They will all be standing, when God opens those pearly gates.

So take me dear Lord, so I will not miss.

When the roll is called up yonder, my name is on the list.

Rita, Mother, Granny, Aunt and Friend

September 26, 2005


AMAZING GRACE

Last night as I lay sleeping, I dreamed it was judgment day.

I stood before Christ my Savior for my sins I had to pay.

My mind was working overtime and I didn’t know where to start.

I knew I had to tell the truth and it had to come straight from the heart.

I looked into my Savior’s face, as He put His hand in mine.

He said “Child, your sins have been washed away, they have been left behind.”

I said “Oh, thank you, Jesus, you did that just for me?”

There was no spoken words from Jesus, only a vision of Christ on Calvary.

I had entered the gates of Heaven and I put a smile upon my face.

Now I could sing out loud that beautiful hymn “Amazing Grace”.

Well, I was only dreaming, but the dream I had was real.

I know I’m a child of God, that’s exactly how I feel.

I will be accepted when Christ puts out His hand.

He will lead me straight to Heaven and that Promised Land.

My message I leave to my family and friends, and the ones I love.

Live each day for Jesus and someday I’ll meet you in Heaven up above.

Love,

Rita, Mother, Granny, Aunt and Friend

February 11, 2006

TRUTH

A little girl looked up at me with great big beautiful eyes.

What she said to me - well it almost made me cry.

She said Madam, you sure are pretty.

I looked at her and smiled.

The little girl had not said all she wanted to say.

She looked up at me and said

“My grandmother has wrinkles just like you.”

I told the little girl that each wrinkle I had

Were put on with each smile I had given away.

I told the little girl “I bet your grandmother smiles a lot

And I bet she really loves you.”

She smiled and said “Yes”.

Well, I looked in the mirror and smiled real big,

And thought about my 86 years of happiness,

And I smiled all the way.

I thought of the saying that “Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”.

I want to thank you sweet little girl and I have told so many people

Of our conversation and how you made my day.

This wrinkled granny wishes you

All the happiness all through the years.

Thank you again because kids do say the darndest things.

Rita, Mother, Granny, Aunt, & Friend


A BETTER PLACE

There's not a better place and there's not a better time

To tell you of the love I have for this friend of yours and mine.

My love, how it grows stronger day by day.

I want to tell you how He always shows me the way.

The way for happiness all through the day and through the night.

He keeps me from worry and when it's dark, shows me the light.

He always accepts my weakness, and helps me to be strong.

His name is Jesus and I've known Him all along.

You just have to accept Him and tell Him you want to be His child.

Jesus will accept you with open arms, that's my Savior's style.

So when you leave this earth, you will be in a better place, by your Savior's side.

You will live for eternity where only peace will abide.

So, say yes today - don't wait until it's too late.

I want to see you in Heaven - I'll be waiting at Heaven's gate.

Oh how beautiful the streets of gold must be.

It's waiting up in Heaven - it's waiting for you and me.

When our mansion is finished and our friend Jesus calls you home,

Just remember, all your loved ones are waiting and you'll never be alone.

When I think of Heaven, I know I have not died.

I'm sitting next to my Savior, forever by His side.

Rita, Mother, Granny, Aunt & Friend

October 4, 2006

Such beautiful thoughts that she is experiencing the joy of His presence right now!

Way to go, if you made it this far!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet. I know this time is tough, but it is wonderful to realize that it is a cause for celebration.

    It is so special to have those glorious poems and pearls of wisdom from your Granny. I know you will always treasure them, and will pass them on some day.

    ReplyDelete