And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, January 9, 2009

shhhhh....

Okay...so, I trust that none of you out there on the World Wide Web are going to tell anyone. Can you keep a secret?

.
.
.
.
.
.
I got to drive today! Yippee!! It was so fun!! Oh my goodness! Can we say exhilarating?

I didn't have a seizure on Wednesday, Thursday, and I haven't had any today. Thank you, Jesus! There is no explanation. Nothing has changed. We are currently in Houston for all of our appts. Mine were yesterday with all of the docs. I'll do a separate post on that later. We are at MD Anderson today with B for his.

Start praying right now for B's scans that he is still cancer FREE!! They just gave him the contrast and he's drinking the Barium. So, he will have his CT in just a little bit. We probably won't get the results today, but we will meet with his doc this afternoon. So, continued healing, Lord, please!!

Back to the driving...we stayed with one of the guy's that was in our wedding and in B's outfit in the Corps. He lives in one of those cool new gated condo thing-ies (yep, it's a word) where there are a bunch of 2-3 story condos all in a row and then facing each other. So, parking is a challenge if you are a visitor. We had to park fairly far away last night.

This morning, I was ready before B (yes, I get ready very quickly without hair) and so I offered to go get the truck. I drove it a total of about 80 yds., but 2+ days without seizures seemed like it warranted a driving experience!!

When I came back in the house, I think I was like a 16-year old that has just received my license. You should have seen how excited I was...again, I think I drove 80 yds. The truth is I drove forward about 10 ft and backed up about 80 yds. Anyway, I drove and it felt so good!! Yeah!!

So, let's pray that seizures go away for good because driving is fun! Let's also pray B continues to be cancer FREE!!! They just called him back for his scans! Go God! Be the hero, Lord!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Exciting that you got to drive. Can't wait to hear about Ben's results. We're praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that can make us giddy...glad you got to do it :D

    Tell Ben we're praying for him...

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for B to be cancer free and you to be seizure free!

    Praise God for 80 yards!

    I'd love to know the test results when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for more good news -- trusting without doubt that Ben's still cancer-free.

    Stoked about you getting to drive -- you guys should head over to a high school parking lot on a Saturday every now and then or something! :) Sometimes it's the little things, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete