And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, January 15, 2009

11:35am

Connor’s doing pretty good today. He spent the night in ICU (which meant little sleep for his Mom!). He had “dry heaves” this morning so they gave him some medication to ease that, and the area around his incision was hurting so they gave him some morphine for that. He’s pretty lethargic and is watching TV. His electrolytes are off (no surprise with dry heaves), and Mom is hoping the next blood draw they do around noon today will show they’re back in line. If they are, she’s hoping they’ll transfer him to a regular room by tonight. It’s Dad’s turn to stay overnight with him, so pray for better electrolytes!

He’ll probably be in the hospital for another week or so. It may take that long to get the path report results, too. Keep praying that the path report is clean.

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely keeping Conor in my prayers!

    Not only do you and I have a connection through Tim Cypert, we also have a connection through Conor! I did not realize this until a prayer request came out on our church's website tonight asking for prayer for Conor. Conor used to attend Cubbies (Awanas) at my church! What a small world!

    I'm delighted to hear the docs think they got all of the tumor and I am praying for comfort for Conor tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise Him! That's all we can say everyday. Thank you so much for your committment to blog. I just recently starting coming back to your blogs and was catching up. I saw your Mom in Hobby Lobby. I was telling her how much you have encouraged me so much while you are suffering horribly with your seizures.
    Praise the Lord that Connor has a good prognosis. God is in control even when we think He is silent. He shows up right in the misdst of our darkests moments. This must of seemed like a dark moment for Connor's Mom and Dad. Please send me your email address. I would like to come over sometime to help you. I live close by and your strength would help me so much right now. Love in Christ, Sebrena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my email addres is misinhome@charter.net
    I would love to chat anytime. I am not working right now.

    Sebrena

    ReplyDelete