And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Connor Update


Connor with friend

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:00 PM CST

Connor is making great progress. Sunday, they took him off his morphine pump and took out his iv's, but they kept his port accessed. He started receiving Pediasure in his feeding tube, also. Yesterday, he got his ng (nose) tube out, he started drinking liquids and he had a bowel movement. Everything seems to be working well as far as his digestive system goes. He has been up walking around a lot, and he played video games in the play room. Today, they should take out the drainage tube, and he can start drinking more complex liquids like smoothies, soup, etc. If things continue to progress well, he will be released Thursday morning! Yeah! Praise God! We are ready to skip on out of here. Although we have enjoyed visits from family and friends in the hospital, there's no place like home.

PLEASE PRAY THAT WE CAN FLY HOME ON THURSDAY. PRAY FOR GREAT PATHOLOGY RESULTS. STILL WAITING ON THOSE. PRAY FOR IMPROVED STRENGTH AND WEIGHT GAIN FOR CONNOR. HE'S LOST 7 POUNDS. We'll have to give him some of those protein drinks that body builders drink. We'll bulk him up in no time.

We can't thank all of you enough for your love and support. WE have definitely felt your prayers. PLEASE CONTINUE TO THANK GOD FOR HIS CONTINUOUS MIRACLES IN CONNOR'S LIFE, AND PRAY FOR CONNOR'S COMPLETE HEALING ON EARTH. PRAY THAT [DAD} AND I WILL GIVE GOD THE GLORY FOR SAVING OUR SON ONCE MORE.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust. Many, O Lord, are the wonders you have done....too many to declare." Psalm 40:1-5

Still believing,
[Mom]

No comments:

Post a Comment