And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, January 23, 2009

From Connor's Mom

Thursday, January 22, 2009, 6:30 p.m.

We are home! Home sweet home! Connor is recuperating so well. He has not needed any pain medicine for about 30 hours now. He's eating well. Sitting up and moving around better. He even went down the slide in our backyard. God is healing him. Thank you for your prayers! He should be back at school on Monday.

Now that we have recovered from the shock of the pathology report saying the surgeon didn't get all of the new tumor as we had thought, we are back in fighting mode.

I'm cruising the internet (along with some of my friends, thanks C) and have found some interesting treatments for this cancer. These new treatments can work alongside the chemo. They attack the cancer from different angles. This will be important, since chemo alone doesn't do the trick. Please be in prayer for our direction. We really need God's guidance. We may be heading back to Boston, Cincinnati or Houston. Pray for God's continued healing. We're expecting a miracle. God's performed so many miracles in Connor's life. What's one more?

Thank you for your constant prayers, support and love for us. Your prayers are enfolding us every day. Thank you for being the "hands and feet" of Christ.

35 "I was hungry, and you gave me food. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was alone and away from home, and you invited me into your house. 36 I was without clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'

37 "Then the good people will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you alone and away from home and invite you into our house? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?'

40 "Then the King will answer, 'I tell you the truth, anything you did for even the least of my people here, you also did for me.'
Matthew 25:35-40

No comments:

Post a Comment