And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Connor's Prayer Warriors

Many of you have seen the banner at the top of the blog for Team Connor. Connor is the son of B's Managing Partner. In short, when he was 3, he was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. This is usually a death sentence for children. However, Connor, now 7, is one of very few surviving NB patients in the world, all thanks to the Lord's healing power. They weren't able to completely remove his tumor and so they radiated the remainder. This had never been done before...Thus, they didn't know what could happen.

Well, he started feeling a little yucky a few weeks back and they have since found another tumor in his stomach. While B and I were in Houston last week, we actually got to spend a little time with them in between my appointments while he was getting a blood transfusion. After his transfusion, they did a biopsy to see what kind of tumor this was....

This is the picture of us right after his transfusion with his Mom.

Connor and I have similar haircuts, huh?

Turns out that the new mass is a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor. It is a form of cancer of the connective tissue surrounding the nerves. It can be caused by radiation. It has grown 2-2.75 inches since August and it's continuing to grow quickly.

It's much bigger than they first thought. Surgery is the only way they know to cure it and the doctor's have given a scary prognosis to his parents that if they can't get every last bit of it, they feel his chances of survival are quite slim. They might even need to remove part of his stomach to make sure they have excised every last bit of it.

The surgery is today in Houston and should be 10-12 hours. We need big time prayer for Connor, his parents, and the docs. Through B's office, we have set up a "prayer calendar" and have people signing up to pray in 10 minute increments all day long (from 7a-9p). It's special watching B's office jump at this opportunity and fill the calendar. However, I think it would be cool if any of you would like to be added to the calendar, too. The biggest needs we have are at the :10s and :40s. So, if you have my e-mail, you can e-mail me. Otherwise, leave a comment with your name and the times you want to sign up to pray for their family and I'll add you to the calendar of Connor's Prayer Warriors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment