And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

This is how we all felt today:

I woke up this morning to the sound of the bathroom door slamming. B was already gone for the day and so I quickly realized something wasn't right.

Within seconds, I found Hank on the floor having a seizure. He had been asleep on the bed and must have tried to get off the bed and fell and then hit the bathroom door and slammed it shut, all during the seizure. He continued to seize for another ten minutes or so. My sweet neighbor that usually takes me to the grocery store came and picked me up on the spur of the moment and rushed us up to the vet. They ran some labs and want to probably start him on some anti-seizure meds this week.

Here's the crazy part...Hank's seizures started around the same time that mine did. However, he doesn't have them very often. Recently, we have noticed that when I go a few days without any (like right after the surgery or right after the IV treatment), he has a few. Or, the fewer I have, the more he has. Call it weird, laugh if you want, but the vet's office entertained the idea, too. As B said today, you just can't write this stuff.

So, it has been a crazy day. I woke up to his seizure, had to throw clothes on, had some seizures of my own, had to rush to the vet, had another seizure myself, and then had to get back home to meet our CPA to help us pull all of our tax stuff together since it will be different this year with me on disability. Then, Praise the Lord, MD Anderson contacted us and they were able to get B scheduled for all of his appts on Friday. So, we had to reschedule a bunch of stuff we had cancelled since Mom was going to take me to Houston. Now, I will have all my appts with the neurosurgeon, epileptologists, etc., on Thursday and B will have his stuff on Friday. This is a Praise to be able to knock it out in one trip (thank you, Prayer Warriors). They were telling us it couldn't be done and we finally found a lady that made it happen!!!

This was a view of Hank all day long. This is how I feel after each seizure, but don't always get to curl up in a cozy chair like him.



After B's final appt. for work today, he picked me up and took me to his office to pick up our yummy dinner that one of the sweet ladies up there made for us...it was a Mandarin Orange Salad with Candied Almonds (my favorite) and yummy Apricot Chicken. As we were leaving our neighborhood, this was what we saw in the sky. B said God was smiling, I thought he was winking. What do you think?



We are finally getting in bed and ready to get some rest hoping for a calmer wake up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment