And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, June 16, 2008

Praise You In This Storm

I don't really know where to begin...that seems to be a common theme in my posts.

Since I've been admitted to the hospital, they've increased my meds, run every test in the world, etc., and I'm having more seizures. So, the doctors are basically stumped as to what could be causing these. They have determined for sure that they are left temporal lobe simple partial seizures and some are complex partial. However, they have also seen that two of my seizures have been in the right temporal lobe. In order to be a candidate for surgery, they need to have a very specific spot. Right now, they don't.

When I was first diagnosed, the doc said that the goal was no seizures. Well, with the first med they put me on, I was still having 1 or 2 each day. So, it was determined that wasn't working. Therefore, they added a new med to the one I was already taking. My seizures increased. So, they continued increasing the doses. My seizures kept increasing. That is when they decided to put me in the hospital. It is apparently quite dangerous to quickly stop a seizure med. So, they wanted me to be observed the entire time. They stopped the original med and increased the second with the idea of then adding another...The seizures have increased.

Therefore, the docs are looking for other possible causes. One possible cause they are going to try to rule out tonight is "paraneoplasia." I know, big word. Anyway, it means that I could have little bitty cancer cells in my body that just aren't showing up as tumors yet. My body is then trying to fight them and instead causes seizures. They also want to do a spinal tap tomorrow to rule out some other things. I couldn't handle needles for about ten years after my spinal tap when I was eleven. So, needless to say, I'm not thrilled about that.

When the doctor left, I was incredibly scared and cried my eyes out for a while. There are many times through this when I have wondered why I'm going through this, when it will end, if the Lord is really walking with me, etc. When we have access to the internet, we try to listen to the Christian radio station we loved in Houston, KSBJ. Well, the song that came on as I was crying my eyes out, in my amazing husband's arms, was Praise You In This Storm. Let's just say, the Lord knew what I needed to hear as the tears flowed. Take the time to listen the song and let it touch you as it has me...

We'll try to keep you updated as we learn more. Thank you for continuing to pray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment