And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Here we go...

Well, I'm back again...I must start by apologizing for misspellings and parts that just don't make any sense. They have me on some pretty strong meds that are affecting my ability to think, type, write, walk, etc. However, since there are so many of you faithfully praying, I want to attempt a post.

The basic update:

They gave me high IV doses of anti-seizure meds and anti-convulsants in hopes that they could decrease the seizures to ZERO for at least three days. Then, I would be titrated off of those and have oral meds added that would still keep them under control, then send me home. Well, the high doses were helpful to some degree. There were a few days that I only had one seizure. However, when they did the blood test, my levels of that med were too high and so they had to stop it. So, over the last few days, I have had more. We also found out that these auras that I've been having are also considered seizures. Basically, every full blown seizure that I have starts with an aura. However, there are many times during the day that I have auras that don't progress. The doc told us yesterday that those are still considered seizures...grrrr. So, he wanted me to keep track of those, too. I forgot to start counting until around lunch today, but I've had 13 of those. So, we need to make a lot more progress than we originally thought.

Today, the doc told us that if he can get the full blown seizures under control, he will be happy and I might just have to spend the rest of my life with the auras. First, we know our God is bigger than that. Second, we don't want to mess with His will if these are somehow part of it. So, we are trying to wait patiently and hear HIM. They have said I will still be admitted for a while longer to truly try to get these under control.

I have had a few special friends that have come to sit with me this week b/c I wasn't supposed to be left alone, get out of bed, walk, etc., due to the meds and Mom & B really needed to work. However, there haven't been many visitors. Today was crazy, though...fun crazy!! One of the dental assistants that used to work with B came up with her little girl and brought beautiful flowers and a big smiley face balloon.


Then, a few minutes later, one of our precious friends from church and her Daddy came to visit. This sweet little girl has the best hugs in the world. God uses her hugs to bring so much joy. So, I received some special hugs today. When her Dad asked her how many more hugs she had for me, she said, "Whoa, too many to count!" What a precious instrument of the Lord! Also, when asked what she thought of the 30 leads attached from my head, she said they looked, "silly!" I love the joy of children.

Then our friends we've mentioned before (he just got back from a year long tour in Iraq & his wife was a Rockstar raising their little girl here by herself) brought us lunch. They bought Freebird's-for all of you Aggies out there, you know what joy that brought to us! WHOOP!!

Please pray for us to bring God glory through all of this. It is hard to understand His plan and purpose, but we are trying to learn and pray that not only will our walks with Him become closer, but that yours will, as well!!

We'll try to update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment