And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home & Showers!!

Well, I am home! Finally!!

It was so wonderful to sleep in my own bed last night and more importantly for my hubby. Such a gift for him to not be sleeping in an uncomfortable chair for eight nights just to show his wife his precious love!! It has been so nice to be home...I sure missed my sweet puppies. I've received so many sweet cuddles and kisses from them since last night.

The greatest challenge for me yesterday was after my spinal tap. Yucky!! Anyway, I had to lay perfectly flat for 12-24 hours. You know I couldn't handle that. However, they warn you that you will have the worst headache you've ever had if you don't lay flat. Something to do with the fact that by taking so much cerebrospinal fluid out creates a void (air bubble) that can move to your brain. Thus, causing a massive headache. They threatened that it is worse than the worst migraine. The only way to treat it is to apparently inject you with your own blood in your spine to try to fill that void? Anyway, it didn't sound fun...so, I tried to obey! I still had a pretty rough headache last night & didn't sleep much due to the pain, but I was in my own bed. The headache is almost completely gone! Thank you, Lord!

I must say that I became spoiled to my food being delivered each morning and not having to make any meals. I wasn't sure of what to eat this morning and didn't feel like preparing anything, but again, it is so wonderful to be home! Now, I have to figure out what to have for lunch! Grrr!!

Also, this could be too much information, but it was so great to finally get a shower. Last Monday was the last shower I was allowed to have due to the IVs in my hands and EEG leads on my head. I was able to "clean up" each day with warm towels. However, that doesn't compare to a shower. Let's just say B bought me some body spray (I must have been pretty stinky). At one point, they took the leads out for one of the scans that I had to have. My sweet hubby washed my hair in the sink in my room. Then (don't tell him I told you this), he actually braided my hair into two pigtails...didn't know he had that talent. All of the nurses were quite impressed and I just counted my blessings once again for such an amazing husband!

When, I was crying the other day to my Mom about the frustration of still having seizures despite all that we had been doing to treat them. She asked me two questions that changed my focus.
Mom: If Jesus asked you to carry His cross today, would you?
Me: (Trying to speak through tears of guilt) I hope so.
Mom: If you knew that you having seizures & feeling this way meant that H (the sweet little 5 year old girl with precious hugs I told you about the other day) didn't have to go through this, would you endure?
Me: Absolutely

So, perspective was helpful.

Now, what you've been waiting for (I think):

Seizure FREE for almost 48 hours!! Thank you, Jesus! It is such a blessing to finally have Him in control. As I said before, this doesn't mean that I won't ever have another one, but it means that He is finally able to do what He has wanted to...if you are holding on to anything, give it to HIM! It's fun to see Him work!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear your good news! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so encouraging to hear. God is good and thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete