And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 26, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 42

Haylie update - July 24

We haven’t been allowed to have any contact with Haylie while she is at camp, which I understand because kids and parents both will be doing fine and break down when they hear the others voice. I know camp is super fun and they don’t want parents causing tears and ruining all the fun.

Tuesday is the day they run labs. I didn’t schedule anything today because I know Haylie’s levels are still going down and there was a pretty large chance she would need another blood transfusion. I waited all morning, but didn’t get a call so I assumed no news was good news, so Brennen and I loaded up to head to Costco for lunch and a long overdue tire rotation. We had a good lunch and still had about 45 mins to burn so I checked my email. I was a little shocked to find an appointment scheduled for a blood transfusion at 1:15pm. It was currently 1:30pm and my car had zero tires on it. Not a good position to be in.

I was told before she left for camp that if she needed a blood transfusion, they would call us to let us know, they would transport our kid back for the transfusion, we could meet them at the hospital and we could have lunch with our kid while they got their transfusion and then ship them back to camp. I promised her I would be there if she needed one. I was feeling like a major mom fail. I called the emergency line at the camp and they said yes, she did need a transfusion and was on her way but they had just left camp so I had time. Whew...

Haylie’s doctor called me back and gave me an update. Haylie is having a great time at camp and went fishing this morning. She caught 5 fish!! 4 catfish and 1 bass. Her granddad’s will be so proud. He doctor said Haylie is doing amazing and always has a smile on her face. I think the medical staff was a little shocked when they got labs back too because of how well she seemed to be doing. She is one tough cookie. Unfortunately her levels are really low so we need some prayer. Her white blood count is down to 0.2. That is not good. She basically has no immunity right now so we need to pray for protection over her and for her white blood count to come back quickly. Her platelets also took a major hit and are down to 24. Her hemoglobin was at 7 so they are transfusing right now.

I was told not to come to the hospital because 3 other kids are also having to get a transfusion and their parents can’t make it. Y’all it is so hard to stay away because I promised her I would be there and I don’t ever like to break promises. She gets very upset when I don’t attend her school events, so I’m praying she will know I wanted to be there and I didn’t abandon her. I know she is having fun at camp and will have even more fun when she gets back tonight.

Michael was working downtown and has decided to stop by the hospital on his way home. 😳. I’m hoping all goes well, for Haylie and him. I guess he is more of a rule breaker than I am.
On a positive note, we are so thankful for the available B- blood again for her much needed transfusion. The doctor said her levels are super low, but that means the chemo is doing its job. I just hate the side effects. Please continue to lift us up to have strength, guidance, and wisdom as we fight cancer.

I know God has big plans for Haylie. We continue to trust in Him and look forward to where He leads us. Jer 29:11
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment