And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, July 5, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 33

Haylie update - July 5

We had a great 4th of July. I’ll try to post more pictures later. Right now I’m sitting in the Radiology waiting room at the hospital and they just took Haylie back to get her port. Doctors said it would probably take about an hour and a half. I’ll get to see her once she goes to recovery. Please pray everything goes perfectly. It’s been a rough morning with lots of obstacles to overcome. For some reason, we keep getting conflicting information and lots of mistakes have been made. They just had to draw blood a second time because not all the labs were run on the first draw. That is hard for me because drawing blood right now is like gold. Haylie’s body is trying to make more, and her levels are still low, so it was hard for me when they had to take more. Please pray for strength and patience for me. 

After she recovers from her port placement we will go up for her next round of chemo. We will also meet with her oncology doctor and get the results from her last spinal tap and bone marrow test.
I am quoting Phil 4:6-7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayers and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. 

We didn’t get much sleep last night and Haylie has been begging for food but couldn’t have anything to eat or drink after midnight. It has been a tough morning but I just read Isaiah 54:17 and I am reminded that “no weapon formed against Haylie can prosper.”

God is still going before us and I have seen him move in big ways. I also just read 2 Corinthians 12:9 “ But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I am thankful that it’s not my strength to get us through all of this, but Christ strengthening us.

I’ll post later with the results. Thank you everyone for your prayers.
#HealingForHaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment