And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, July 8, 2018

#HealingForHaylie-Post 34

Haylie update - July 6th
I have to admit, I haven’t wanted to write this post. We got Haylie’s bone marrow results back yesterday and they weren’t the clear results we had been hoping and praying for. Her spinal fluid came back clear again, but her bone marrow results showed 2% cancer cells still present. 2%...oh how I hate that 2%. We were so hoping for the 0% at the end of the first phase of chemo. Her doctor said they were higher than she wanted but she explained that they were still good results. Her doctor wanted Haylie to definitely be under 5% and we were. She said that Haylie had between 95-100% cancer cells in her bone marrow when we arrived at the hospital, so 30 days later, to be at 2% is really good.
Haylie’s type of leukemia is T-cell and it typically doesn’t respond as well as the other types of leukemia so I rejoice that it is responding well to the chemo. Her doctor said that typically 1/3 of cases are not at the 0% at the end of phase one. I was so hoping to be in the other 2/3 that are at 0%, but we are still hopeful for 0% at the end of phase 2.
The side effects of the chemo are really hard to deal with. I have to be honest, if it would have come back completely clear, I was struggling with, do we continue to put her through the next 2 years of chemo, thinking she doesn’t really need it? I guess God knew it would be much easier for me to continue the treatments without any doubts, having found the 2% now.
She did great having her port put in yesterday. She is extremely sore, but that is to be expected after a major procedure. She did well today with her second treatment , and we even had little brother helping us out pushing the wheelchair.
On the way home I heard the song, Trust in You by Lauren Daigle and it hit me so hard. I knew after hearing the song, that I could come home and write this post because my trust is in Christ and not in 2% doctor reports.
The lyrics said so many of the things my heart felt. Tears filled my eyes and I knew I could trust God, even if he didn’t move my mountain or part my waters. He DOES know what tomorrow brings, and He is already there. He is my firm foundation. His ways are higher, and His plans are good! And I loved the line that said, there’s not a place where I’ll go, that He has not already stood. No matter what I face, He is by my side and I will trust Him.
Some of the lyrics from Trust in You
by Lauren Daigle
I confess, my hands are weary, I need your rest
Mighty warrior, king of the fight
No matter what I face You’re by my side
When you don’t move the mountains
I’m needing you to move
When you don’t part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When you don’t give the answers
As I cry out to you
I will trust, I will trust in you.
Truth is, you know what tomorrow brings
There’s not a day ahead you have not seen
So let all things be my life and breath
I want you Lord and nothing less.
You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation
The rock on which I stand
Yours ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There’s not a place where I’ll go
You’ve not already stood
If you have a chance, listen to the song, Trust in You. I hope it encourages and blesses you as much as it has me.
#HealingForHaylie



No comments:

Post a Comment